Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Re: Pipe smoking (Tobacco)

[ QUOTE ]
Does this nasal snuff give you a nice buzz? How does it compare to cigars or dipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may find this interesting, before people dipped they used nasal snuff. They discovered dipping by putting a stick into their snuff can and rubbing it on their gums.

Dipping and snuffing and cigars are different animals, IMO.

For example, if you go for a walk on a nice autumn day different aromas mixing between the autumn aromas and of the nasal snuff can be quite enjoyable. Also some say it helps with a stuffy nose, especially the menthol snuff.

Cigars are nice for hanging out after dinner, sitting around with good company and BS'ing.

Dipping is good if you want to turn your teeth brown and get made fun of by the girls ;-)

Now sweedish snus (i think that's how it's spelled,) is much better than US dip (Skoal and gang) and definitely worth a try.

As far as nasal snuff giving you a buzz, it happened to me once when I snuff'd some hardcore stuff that I bought at walmart. Rooster nasal snuff (not the dip) will give you a nice rush -- very strong. Most U.S. snuff will hit you pretty good because it's so strong-real good for stopping cigarettes. The European snuff isn't as strong but is much gentler and more flavorful.

I bought a lot of Snuff online, if you're interested in trying it send me a PM and I'll URL you to where I get it.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:31 PM

Outside of the obvious "you're putting smoke in your lungs", what kind of health problems do you get from smoking a pipe?

I tried smoking one when I was 18 and couldn't light it and gave up.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:34 PM

Don't inhale.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Outside of the obvious "you're putting smoke in your lungs", what kind of health problems do you get from smoking a pipe?

I tried smoking one when I was 18 and couldn't light it and gave up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you're supposed to inhale them, and I definitely do not. (Maybe the more experienced pipe smokers can chime in with their preference.)

The smoke from cigars and pipes is alkaline which allows one to easily absorb it through the mouth. Cigarettes are more acidic which is why you have to inhale them to get nicotine.

Their are still carcinogenic dangers to any smoke going into your mouth AFAIK, so buyer beware.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:52 PM

LOL, sorry I was out of it and totally forgot that you don't inhale a pipe.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:42 PM

Ya inhaling is bad.

Ive never dipped but i would describe snuff as a "wake me up". Just get your self a little tin and try it, its all of $5.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya inhaling is bad.

Ive never dipped but i would describe snuff as a "wake me up". Just get your self a little tin and try it, its all of $5.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've had trouble finding it around here but I did some research tonight and found a few smoke shops within driving distance that carry the stuff. Def gonna have to try it out.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:48 AM

OT: on the subject of smokeless tobacco products, snuss is worth a try. It's very popular in Sweden (I'm sure some Scando-aggro donks can chime in here) - it's oral tobacco, so you put it underneath your upper lip and let the tobacco juices seep through.

If you're hardcore/traditional you can use loose snuss (can be messy) but I prefer the little 'teabags' which you can whack under your lip for 10-15 min and get pleasantly 'snussed' (there isn't really a 'hit').

Caution: If you're not a regular smoker it's easy to overindulge.

Obviously a big benefit is reduced health risk: when you don't burn something, it's much less carcinogenic. There are some small risks of nasty mouth diseases, but definately a lot healthier than smoking.

Wierdly the EU doesn't allow it apart from in Sweden, but it's not difficult to get hold of in the UK.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:03 AM

Snus is incredibly unsexy unfortunately. It is indeed more poular among males in Sweden, and certainly from a health perspective there is a huge difference. Unfortunately, it makes you look ugly as hell.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OT: on the subject of smokeless tobacco products, snuss is worth a try. It's very popular in Sweden (I'm sure some Scando-aggro donks can chime in here) - it's oral tobacco, so you put it underneath your upper lip and let the tobacco juices seep through.

If you're hardcore/traditional you can use loose snuss (can be messy) but I prefer the little 'teabags' which you can whack under your lip for 10-15 min and get pleasantly 'snussed' (there isn't really a 'hit').

Caution: If you're not a regular smoker it's easy to overindulge.

Obviously a big benefit is reduced health risk: when you don't burn something, it's much less carcinogenic. There are some small risks of nasty mouth diseases, but definately a lot healthier than smoking.

Wierdly the EU doesn't allow it apart from in Sweden, but it's not difficult to get hold of in the UK.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the US the little packets holding the oral tobacco are referred to as "bandits" by my friends. I think this is slang.

Anyways, as far as the risks of oral tobacco, there are still plenty because they put all sorts of [censored] in to aid the absorbtion into your gums and lips that are not natural and not in tobacco that you burn. It can def cause you to have your jaw amputated if you are unlucky and get cancer.

But then again I smoke cigars all the time so eventually I'll have no esophagus or a freaking blow hole and talk box.

Greg