Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Do you peel this flop?

metagame issues are wayyyyy more important vs. openlimping retards IMO. they have 1 table up and are paying attention to it. think of the old guy live who loves to bluff you.

see my post - nobdoy's wrong. can't be wrong. as long as you don't fold. not saying you said that, but that was in the thread.

also oink - nice post tone. you are on a roll (lol i'm kidding around). For a friday i'm in a chipper mood. dude next to me is out of work.

As far as a style thing
1) i think people often underestimate someone's capacity to call with terrible hands
2) the more aggro you are, the more people will pay you off
3) "worse hands fold and better hands calls" is not a concern in SSSH LHE about 80% of the time.

That being said i'm a HUGE FAN of being passive (you can ask yourface). I just really warn a lot of people experimenting with it because being passive suddenly turns into checking back 3rd pair and winning vs. A hi @ showdown that wasn't folding.

Also oink, about 1 line of this is directed @ you. Just general comments. I know you win, etc. Just talking. This is why i post in these threads - i like this game.

Also - as to my 1st part - only my opinion.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:58 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
also oink - nice post tone. you are on a roll (lol i'm kidding around).

[/ QUOTE ]

Been getting more blowjobs lately....

About folding: My first post was meant as "just dont raise"

I guess I have to reevaluate my first thought on this hand but my play is still to call. But I hardly ever raise anything these days
Old 10-05-2007, 02:00 PM

I'm sure it's not much but i'm sure you're leaving money on the table somewhere.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
also oink - nice post tone. you are on a roll (lol i'm kidding around).

[/ QUOTE ]

Been getting more blowjobs lately....

About folding: My first post was meant as "just dont raise"

I guess I have to reevaluate my first thought on this hand but my play is still to call. But I hardly ever raise anything these days

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we play a similar style Oink from the sounds of it. I definitely call a lot more in this game than most would advocate, even with big hands. Part of the reason I can get away with a more passive style is because meta doesn't matter that much in the games I play (see some of my NC hands.) I play predictable against guys who don't realize I'm predictable and then try and avoid the guys who would realize this (unless of course they don't realize that I don't play the same against everybody at the table.)
Old 10-05-2007, 03:25 PM

A lot of the time donks will just bet total air on the button when checked to on the flop in hopes of picking up the pot right there. I would be more concerned abuot the other 2 players in the hand than the bettor. Check calling is the worst play possible as check raising is strictly superior. I would most likely check fold this spot though if you dont have any information on any of the players, + you dont really like the 2 spades either as the guy can pick up a possible redraw on the turn.

Im curious as to what ended up happening.