Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 02:24 AM

Default Re: Do I go visit a guy who was wrongly accused and spent 21 yrs in ja

Nick,

"I see he only lives a few miles from me and I was going to stop by and talk to him."

I'm REALLY curious. How exactly did you see this visit going down? Please describe how you thought it would go in as much detail as possible. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nick,

"I see he only lives a few miles from me and I was going to stop by and talk to him."

I'm REALLY curious. How exactly did you see this visit going down? Please describe how you thought it would go in as much detail as possible. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the difficult part. First off I'm someone that at times reacts on emotion. I was really close to jumping in my car and just driving by when I first saw where he lived. Then i decided to wait.

After seeing the docu I'm fairly convinced he's a good human being. Who knows I may be wrong. Heck, maybe I'm a bad seed.

anyway to your question. I would probably wing it. I could see myself driving up and obviously if he were outside I'd probably stop, tell him I saw his docu, tell him how bitter I would be and how much better he seemed to handle it. I think I'd try to read him on whether he wished I didn't stop by or not and go from there.

If he seemed very open by me coming then I'd go further. I read he gets 3400 a month but that barely covers his wifes meds. I know people in staffing buisnesses maybe if need be I'd help him find something.

Maybe I'll think about it more and decide that it's best I leave it alone.

Maybe the guy needs some help and I can help him. Maybe me going to see him will do me more good than him.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Avery

[/ QUOTE ]

-At age eighteen, Avery pled guilty to burglarizing a bar and was sentenced to ten months in prison.

-When he was twenty, Avery and another man pled guilty to animal cruelty after pouring gas and oil on Avery's cat and throwing it into a fire; Avery was sentenced to prison again for that crime.

-In 1985, Avery was charged with assaulting and flashing his cousin and possessing a firearm as a felon

of course go by his place. im sure the guy loves unannounced visitors stopping by and saying hi. what animal-torturing, gun-toting, bar-burglarizing, sexual perpetrator wouldnt?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think that since you read the wiki link that you would realize that the person the OP was talking about and the linked person are two completely different people.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope didnt realize. i scanned the article to see the similarities and thought it was the case in question. thanks for clearing that up.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:16 AM

uhm.....it would be an awkward situation and now that the guy is now out of jail, i dont think he would want to be reminded of the painful past. I think he would just want to move foward and try to forget about it. He would appreciate a friend though cuz i doubt he has many after spending 21 years in jail
Old 07-02-2007, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
uhm.....it would be an awkward situation and now that the guy is now out of jail, i dont think he would want to be reminded of the painful past. I think he would just want to move foward and try to forget about it. He would appreciate a friend though cuz i doubt he has many after spending 21 years in jail

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be right. It was a pretty awesome show of inner strength from that guy. If you saw the show I think most people would see how positive he seems.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]lol.

seriously though, every time in the release interview, the people are like "i'm just glad the truth came out. i'm glad the government has acquitted me and i'm looking forward to starting my life again." as opposed to [censored] GOVERNMENT [censored] IDIOTS CAN'T DO A [censored] TRIAL 21 YEARS [censored] I HATE YOU
Old 07-02-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Avery

[/ QUOTE ]

-At age eighteen, Avery pled guilty to burglarizing a bar and was sentenced to ten months in prison.

-When he was twenty, Avery and another man pled guilty to animal cruelty after pouring gas and oil on Avery's cat and throwing it into a fire; Avery was sentenced to prison again for that crime.

-In 1985, Avery was charged with assaulting and flashing his cousin and possessing a firearm as a felon

[/ QUOTE ]
Any relation to Sean Avery?

[/ QUOTE ]
sean avery the best player in the NHL?