Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Weird social situation

Yeah given your accent the Americans are just going to assume you're a lord or something straight away.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:04 PM

Just invite them over and when they comment "hey Dean, pretty nice place you got here" just say, "Yeah, I know. Really makes you realize how much your place sucks, doesn't it?"
Old 07-21-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
teach them how to play postflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

His friends arent shortstackers.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:01 PM

when a friend of yours gets paid 20m at the hedge fund he works at, should he feel bad to invite you over because you live in a "one bedroom apartment that poor college kids think is really nice"?

sounds like you are the one hung up on the money more so than any of them...real ballas dont care much for the money and treat their friends as friends...
Old 07-21-2007, 05:06 PM

you sound like a fking weirdo, 1400 a month just means you're overpaying to live in a nice building, a 1 bedroom is a 1 bedroom, you have a balcony and a gym for 1400 congratulations wtf do you feel guilty about and why, this is seriously bizarre...

edit im 22 and have a balcony and a gym and pool but its a complex, and i have a 56 inch hdtv and a 360 and a couch and pictures and a bed, i love having my friends over football season is going to be great since i recently added a deep fryer for complete debauchery, you seriously need to lighten up or find friends who like you
Old 07-21-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you sound like a fking weirdo, 1400 a month just means you're overpaying to live in a nice building, a 1 bedroom is a 1 bedroom, you have a balcony and a gym for 1400 congratulations wtf do you feel guilty about and why, this is seriously bizarre...

edit im 22 and have a balcony and a gym and pool but its a complex, and i have a 56 inch hdtv and a 360 and a couch and pictures and a bed, i love having my friends over football season is going to be great since i recently added a deep fryer for complete debauchery, you seriously need to lighten up or find friends who like you

[/ QUOTE ]

pls tell me the deep fryer is in your living room/next to the tv.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:12 PM

nope its balling it up in the kitchen, ive only used it once though but im thinking of deep frying a pizza somehow

and honestly 1400 isnt even that much, you live in a vibrant downtown area i assume, downtown l.a. is on the upswing but isnt near chicago levels yet and it will cost you 1750 for a 1 bedroom at the medici or the pegasus or something in that area
Old 07-21-2007, 05:20 PM

while your points that his place probably isn't that spectacularly amazing and that he should probably lighten up about it are correct I don't see what the point is in comparing prices between different markets.
L.A. apartment prices have nothing to do with this nor do the prices of any other city.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:26 PM

it has to do with the fact that hes not in some AMAZING PLACE THAT WILL FORCE HIS FRIENDS TO BE GREEEEEEEN WITH ENVY

as apparently the other poster alluded to, your place isnt even that nice wtf, so he had to then reclarify and state that he now has a tv and furniture and its so cool now, when in reality its a 1400 dollar a month 1 bedroom and i assumed chicagos downtown pricey apartment complexes would be more expensive then downtown las since it is nothing like chicago, and as recently as last year the neighborhoods of sixth and st. julian were places where you can buy crack and heroin on the street corner.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nope its balling it up in the kitchen, ive only used it once though but im thinking of deep frying a pizza somehow

and honestly 1400 isnt even that much, you live in a vibrant downtown area i assume, downtown l.a. is on the upswing but isnt near chicago levels yet and it will cost you 1750 for a 1 bedroom at the medici or the pegasus or something in that area

[/ QUOTE ]

deep fried pizza does not sound good, go for the twinkies, oreos, and snickers. Also hot dogs. man, the possibliites for football season are immense. I think you have me wanting one.
Closed Thread