Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: 100r QQ semi deep

Obviously callin the 3bet OOP is not the best situation we want to be in, but w/stack sizes I think it's fine. Bakes, were you planning to stop & go or were u seriously trying to find some postflop play? I assume ur plan would be to bet most flops except u hit ya moniez and c/r instead...
Old 08-01-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But why would you call about 1/4 of your stack to just check fold a scary board like A K X? If you are going to flat call his reraise how do you play it on flop when you don't flop well? what is your plan on an ace high flop for instance?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're looking for the regular MTT forum.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But why would you call about 1/4 of your stack to just check fold a scary board like A K X? If you are going to flat call his reraise how do you play it on flop when you don't flop well? what is your plan on an ace high flop for instance?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're looking for the regular MTT forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf evg, unneccesary, and this is the same point me adanthar and sykes are making.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:16 PM

sorry, dont really care who is making this point. it's retarded and is incredibly elementary.

you make decisions that are the most profitable, not that lead to the easiest decisions on future streets
Old 08-01-2007, 09:41 PM

lol, ok dude.

edit:

to elaborate - you wouldnt have quoted adanthar or me telling me that we shouldnt be posting in this forum. it was a incredibly dick thing to post even if you were absolutely right, and beyond that, i think you're wrong! calling doesnt seem most profitable to me at all.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd be surprised if some unknown is ever 3 betting light here

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

man I really really really think "high stars rebuy = dumb bubble aggrotard" is getting more accurate with every month.

edit: at the same time, the less he raises with trash, the more you should just shove pre, because the whole point of calling PF is to encourage worse hands to stack off somehow. If you just call vs. an AA-JJ/TT, AK range, all you do is let AK, JJ and TT make a lot of good folds.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you just call vs. an AA-JJ/TT, AK range, all you do is let AK, JJ and TT make a lot of good folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a lot more good folds than AK does, and he has AK here probably 2-3 times as often as JJ-TT(combined) you also don't get stacked by AA/KK a lot.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd be surprised if some unknown is ever 3 betting light here

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

man I really really really think "high stars rebuy = dumb bubble aggrotard" is getting more accurate with every month.

edit: at the same time, the less he raises with trash, the more you should just shove pre, because the whole point of calling PF is to encourage worse hands to stack off somehow. If you just call vs. an AA-JJ/TT, AK range, all you do is let AK, JJ and TT make a lot of good folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

But not so much when the raiser is from ep. I agree shove.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you just call vs. an AA-JJ/TT, AK range, all you do is let AK, JJ and TT make a lot of good folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a lot more good folds than AK does, and he has AK here probably 2-3 times as often as JJ-TT(combined) you also don't get stacked by AA/KK a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

ehhh I just don't think his range is that strong. I'd be more concerned about it in 90% of tournaments than that one. obviously, you're totally right if we're giving him that much credit though, but if I have that kind of read on him I just fold pre.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ehhh I just don't think his range is that strong. I'd be more concerned about it in 90% of tournaments than that one. obviously, you're totally right if we're giving him that much credit though, but if I have that kind of read on him I just fold pre.

[/ QUOTE ]

The main problem with folding preflop, is that every(way more than 99%) of tournament players don't have a "range", they see a hand and then think "hmmm, what will we do with this". As a result, raises like this, from players who aren't idiots are hugely weighted towards hands that want folds from such an early position raise. I really think that this raise is AK as much as 2/3 of the time.

Perhaps I am overestimating, but I really think that players are actually bad enough they reraise to 8x or 9x with AA, 10x-11x or ALLIN with AK.

Speaking of varying raise sizes, at a recent home game 5/5, a player asked a WPT champion "what is your favorite hand and how much do you raise when you get it?", no hesitation he responded "QhQs, 6xBB"... the fan boy raised anywhere from 2.5x to 10x throughout the session.