Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Re: I don\'t think I want Collin Moshman posting on STTF anymore

"I included you in my list, btw, so I wouldn't be implying by exclusion that citanul or duron would write a better book. Or that you would be unable to. "

Well, you sort of implied by inclusion that I had said something in the first place criticizing his book, which I hadn't. But whatever, it's not worth getting mad about or anything.

Only reason I even posted in the thread was to say I don't mind if Collin keeps posting in STTF as long as he doesn't spam coaching or whatever, so that's that.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My "nobody needs to write a book" was a rebuttal to "So when are you and/or duron and/or wiggs and/or Devin and/or some other STTF reg(s) writing a better SNG book?" which is some "you failed logic 101" argument nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you picking a fight with me Dids?

[ QUOTE ]
Point being that they've done the legwork and posting etc to speak from a position of authority.

[/ QUOTE ]

You, me, and STTF regulars know they speak from a position of knowledge and authority.

All n00bs, casual posters and the general non STTF public know is that Collin has his name on a book.

That makes him the authority in most people eyes.

If his book leaves something to be desired (no idea, haven't read it) and if his position as a voice of authority is annoying then the best way IMHO to deal with this is to supplant his book with a better book.

Trashing him and his book in STTF (or here in the mod forum) is going to have very little effect. He still has a book out carrying Mason and Sklansky's stamp of approval.

[ QUOTE ]
A good SNG book woudl be fantastic, I'd read it. Based on people's thought and a few reviews, it seems like this book may not have done the same job SSHE did in capturing all of the ideas floating around the forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody needs to write a book because they kinda already did

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I think I see the disconnect.

I'm not saying the need to write a book in order to establish their credibility.

I'm saying they should write a book to replace Collin's with a better one and supplant him as the universal voice of authority.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:47 PM

CMAR,

I get what you're saying now. That makes more sense than what it seemed like you were saying. I think we were just talking past eachother.

I don't think the book will actually grant him that much authority if the mods keep shredding it in their forum [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2007, 10:30 PM

At one point it would have depressed me that there was someone else aside from me that the default sttfer thought of as the authority on stts. That point is not now though. I'm grizzled enough now that I can just sit back and laugh at the people who do seemingly randomly get chosen as authorities.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Criteria for Thread Locking/Deletion
Hi durron597,

I'm fine with posters attacking me -- I've got a book out so I'm fair game, no worries. But will you please tell me specifically what the criteria are for locking threads and deleting posts?

In my thread on low-stakes multi-tablers trying to move up, I spent a lot of time trying to make what I thought was a thought-provoking attempt to get grinders to make sure their SNG playing matched jived with their goals. Then I was asked to come up with a general answer for playing volume necessary to make a living, and gave what I thought was a solid reply.

Was the thread deleted due to the line of promo at the bottom of the initial post? If so, deleting this line and letting the thread move on seems more appropriate. If not, why was it deleted? What makes a thread/post eligible for locking/deleting? Is there a set of rules written out for STTF (or in general for 2+2), or is it entirely up to the mods' discretion?

Please let me know -- more details the better.

Thanks,
Collin

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-21-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At one point it would have depressed me that there was someone else aside from me that the default sttfer thought of as the authority on stts. That point is not now though. I'm grizzled enough now that I can just sit back and laugh at the people who do seemingly randomly get chosen as authorities.

[/ QUOTE ]

AE Jones for micro through msnl anyone?
Old 08-21-2007, 04:18 PM

durron,

just tell him we're going to continue locking or deleting things that are crap, things that are inflamatory, dangerous, and things that are obscene.

or some version of that.