Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Latest AP press release

uurrghhh, anybody know anything about the ESPN report on this, been waiting for awhile
Old 11-08-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We are absolutely focused on doing the right thing for our loyal customers, employees, consultants, and business partners...

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean the guy that sent the excel file is getting his job back ?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:07 AM

I think this part is interesting.

[ QUOTE ]
• “The system breach was the result of a recent internal software release impacting internal reporting. The breach was exploitable only by an authorized AP person that manipulated the internal reporting software, together with the AP gaming software. The security breach was not, therefore, the result of an external action, and no individual outside AP could exploit the breach.

• “There is no evidence of the current or past existence of a “super-user” account. There is no player account in the AP system with the ability to see other players’ hole cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was speculation that this exploit was related to the release of the new client. They appear to be confirming this.

They also appear to be defining a super-user account as an account that someone can log into the client software with and see other players' hole cards, and that no such account exists. With that definition, I imagine this is a true statement.

I hope they eventually release more details about exactly how the system was exploited.

From the above it sounds like the new client software began reporting back information (maybe screen grabs?) that could be intercepted by something on the AP network and used to determine the user hole cards.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
-They have already issued a previous statement or leaked info(dont recall which) saying that several accounts involved were not named by 2p2. I see no such account on that list.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also have a vague recollection of this. Can anyone link to this?
Old 11-09-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-They have already issued a previous statement or leaked info(dont recall which) saying that several accounts involved were not named by 2p2. I see no such account on that list.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also have a vague recollection of this. Can anyone link to this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was told explicitly on the phone that they identified two accounts that were not mentioned. I guess that might mean the chip dump accounts, but since those accounts were mentioned I'm not sure if that's correct...
Old 11-09-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Few points

-Many people have been shorted or not paid, inquiries into that fact are being ignored. I personally was only shorted a few hundred, but my inquiries have gone unanswered in any fashion for 11 days now.

-Sadly, given the evidence of hands, I actually am inclinded to believe that the cheating did only start on Aug 14th

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I was thinking. How amazing are the investigators who manage to tell everyone what they already know, but at the same time, reduce it. This recent AP statement conflicts with previous statements about what they knew. The thing I am really annoyed about is that they don't give a name or anything about the programmer even now. They 'confirmed' he was part of it, so wheres the name? Its quite clear they intend on bamboozling everyone. Either the kahnawake association is getting scammed by AP or they are part of the scam.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

• “There is no evidence of the current or past existence of a “super-user” account. There is no player account in the AP system with the ability to see other players’ hole cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

They also appear to be defining a super-user account as an account that someone can log into the client software with and see other players' hole cards, and that no such account exists. With that definition, I imagine this is a true statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone in management could see the hole cards in real time and react to it.

That is a super-user regardless of how they want to talk about it.

You say potato, I say potahto.
You say semantics, I say SSDY AP.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Someone in management could see the hole cards in real time and react to it.

That is a super-user regardless of how they want to talk about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, which is why I hope they provide more technical details about how this happened, so we can identify statements like this from them that may be technically true but deliberately misleading.

Edit: Probably should replace "hope they provide" with "we should press them for", since it is unlikely they will volunteer this information on their own.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:28 AM

Isn't AP signalling something with these press releases related to the company's problems not being publiced on AP's web site Press Releases section, as opposed to the company's problems of Mattel that are publiced on Mattel's web site Press Releases section???

Regards ...
Old 11-09-2007, 01:36 AM

Yeah, I replied to your post but wasn't necessarily responding to you.
You hit a point I wanted to hammer home some more.
I should have added more clarity or sumfin. It's late, I'm tired blahblahchowmeow.

I also want to hear them try to explain in actual detail any of these vague claims they've made. 100 percent agreed.

oh yeah... and SSDY AP. (part two).