Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 04:37 AM

Default Re: How many hands do you play daily..

[ QUOTE ]
How do you people play more than 4 tables at a time? It just stops being fun for me, I loose concentration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure how much of an asset 'intense concentration' is at the mini-micros--the play is so loose and unconventional that it's maybe just wisest to play aggressive ABC poker and forget about making the sick reads. Even 12-tabling I surprise myself with how much info I am able to pick up on opponents. I do usually need to have been in hands with them for it to really set in, but I will usually notice if someone is playing every hand whether with me or others.

I promise you I'm concentrating when I'm 12-tabling.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cool 32.48 sounds much better than 16.24

[/ QUOTE ]

also less realistic [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] isn't it the other way around? PTBB being twice the Big Blind (which makes sense as a LHE Big Bet is twice the Big Blind).
I think PO uses PTBB, too, but not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great. Now you're confusing me again. Make sure you're not thinking of hourly, which is often about half that of the PTBB/100.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:41 AM

i aim for 1k and usually fall short, 4 tabling. damn the real world and damn its full time jobs.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I play about 2k a day 8-10 tableing. My longest session was 7k hands. During a normal session I take alot of killer beats and that tends to keep my hand counts down as I start to lose my mindstate after a few full buyin beats. I played 60k hands last month.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you man, the constant bad beats are the worst thing about Mass-MT poker. It's very hard to keep at it after you've taken a couple of them in a short span. Not a day goes by when I'm not taking out my frustration on some idiot who stacks me with the rag to go with the weak ace he caught on the river.

I do however feel like I'm getting closer to the Zen where I can put them in the proper perspective and not let them affect me so much. I know how well I can expect to run with this variance and volatility over the long term, I've played enough hands to gauge it accurately I think.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i aim for 1k and usually fall short, 4 tabling. damn the real world and damn its full time jobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

The real world, which I have never been a particularly successful player in, is a HUGE obstacle.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:05 AM

too many of u play WAY too much. lifeEV>>>>>>>>>>> pokerEV

this thread is a big penis waving contest. lol.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've recently dedicated myself to more cash game play (as opposed to tournies). I feel comfortable 4-tabling now, but I think the most hands I have done in one day is ~900. I can't bring myself to play for >4 hours at a time (and I have a real job, so playing >4 hours in a day isn't realistic either).

I'm considering moving up to 6 tables once I get a few more thousand hands logged (and figure out how to hook up my other laptop as a second monitor).

[/ QUOTE ]

For me cash games have much higher EV than tourneys. I rarely play more than 4 hours at a time.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How do you people play more than 4 tables at a time? It just stops being fun for me, I loose concentration.

[/ QUOTE ]

I credit my starcraft days for my ability to think fast as well as very fast typing and mouse control. I was one of those 180 actions per minute junkies. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think that the generations of players born after 1975 such as myself have played a lot of video games since childhood. It really excercises the decision making and reflex muscles in the brain imo.

Something I was thinking of earlier tonight that I thought might not make for a good post on it's own due to LC was the learning curve of multitablers vs single tablers (or those that play 2-3 tables since that's really really slow). A lot of people have told me 'play less tables and learn good poker'. A lot of us uNLers won't be successful beyond $100NL. Of those that are many probably won't make it beyond $600NL. So if you're not the greatest player, but you can multitable fairly well all the power to you for increasing your BB/hour. Money per hour is the bottom line for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will probably surprise some people, but besides chess the other great multi-tabling training ground for me was pizza delivery. See once you've logged a few hundred road trips making 5-7 deliveries within a 45-minute window over a 50-60 square-mile culdesac purgatory of three different municipalities who each have their own vastly unique philosophy of how to organize address grids (and this was long before GPS) ... all the while throwing in the occasional traffic diversions, customers not answering their doors, wrong addresses, wrong phone numbers, wrong orders, speed bumps, idiot resturaunt managers, unchained Rottweilers who don't seem particularly fond of strangers and the always gleefully anticipated 2:00AM sojourn into the local housing project perpetually under some sort of "renovation" or "urban renewal" or some other political horse-sh-it that keeps the demagogues in good stead but does zero to improve the quality of life of the denizens or hapless pizza delivery drivers that may occasionally find themselves on the business end of a Saturday Night Special for their trouble ..

well gentlemen then 12-tabling micros is a vacation.

As for these B&M props who say online multi-tabling is bad for your career, that's just self-serving pablum with no basis in fact. On the contrary the greatest asset a poker player can have is experience. For those of us who got started late low limit multi-tabling affords an accelerated learning curve the B&M and higher limit online cash and tournament players can only dream about.

I promise you playing 100k hands, however quickly, is going to have far more educational impact then ruminating over Minneapolis Jim's left eye tic while you wait for hand #34 to be dealt two fricken hours into the Bay 101 Shooting Donkament.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bwaaahahahahahahaha. QFMFT.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bwaaahahahahahahaha. QFMFT.

[/ QUOTE ]

700 hands is a pretty decent session for me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]