Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Best/Worst Date ideas and experiences

[ QUOTE ]
With the "big day" approaching let's get a discussion of some of your best and worst experiences or ideas. This seems like a good time for some of the sophisticated guys to give us youngins some tips from the top.

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

i had zero idea what you were talking about until someone mentioned valentine's day. i hate valentine's day. dinner/dates are fine, but i don't like being manipulated by the card companies trying to create spending events. however, thank you for reminding me about valentine's day so i don't forget it and end up in the doghouse Hallmark built.

after 15 years of marriage, my valentine's day strategy remains the same: make wife laugh via gift or situation, be entertaining, eat, great sex. any three of those should do for a young man. whatever you can manage.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The bottom line is that valentines day is just like omaha 8 or better--people who try to get too fancy with it are wasting their time.

Stick to the basics--roses, chocolate covered strawberries from Edible Arrangements , nice quiet dinner with a view.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I had to get a plug in there. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I own an Edible Arrangements store, and V-day is one of our busiest days of the year. Check out our stuff as a nice add-on gift to your Valentines plans. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Edible Arrangements

Old 02-05-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The bottom line is that valentines day is just like omaha 8 or better--people who try to get too fancy with it are wasting their time.

Stick to the basics--roses, chocolate covered strawberries from Edible Arrangements , nice quiet dinner with a view.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I had to get a plug in there. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I own an Edible Arrangements store, and V-day is one of our busiest days of the year. Check out our stuff as a nice add-on gift to your Valentines plans. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Edible Arrangements

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you should post this. Over the weekend their was an Edible Arrangements basket like the one in the pic in our building's lobby. Neither my wife nor me had ever heard of the company but we were impressed with arrangement and would consider it in the future for parties.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:26 PM

Funny you should post this. Over the weekend their was an Edible Arrangements basket like the one in the pic in our building's lobby. Neither my wife nor me had ever heard of the company but we were impressed with arrangement and would consider it in the future for parties.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet deal. Thats seriosuly our best form of advertising. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
You're in NY right? My store is in Long Island. When you decide to order, let me know and I'll see what I can do depending on the store making it.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:49 PM

Here's my best Valentines Day idea. When I first started dating my wife I told her that I don't celebrate Valentines day.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Stick to the basics--roses, chocolate covered strawberries from godiva, nice quiet dinner with a view.

Tay, I suggest that you take her home after dinner, and demand she wrap herself in festive green plastic wrap. Get the video tape rolling, bend her over a chair while tearing away the green plastic and become the next internet celebrity.

[/ QUOTE ]

i lol'd like 5 different times
Old 02-05-2007, 03:13 PM

Wine tasting.

There are a ton of different varieties of this / different costs / more and less formal.

The less formal ones where you can opt to stay for dinner are the way to go. I spent ~15/person so $30. Some are much much more expensive.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Confusing post until I read down and found out you were talking about Valentine's day.

There's still plenty of time between now and V-day for me to forget though. I wish this were posted on more like Feb. 12th.

I guess if babysitting is available, it will be dinner and a movie. If not, either a box of chocolate or a book.

Or should I go with the flight, the cruise, the hotel and the video taping?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think my plans are appropriate for a married couple (could be though).

How long have you guys been married?

You should do something that blows her mind.... on the days leading up to V-Day, act completely casual. Act like you guys arent going to be doing anything special (dinner and movie). I would probably plan something that she has always wanted to do; only you know the answer. I think the key for V Day to be special when your married is the element of surprise; my parents adn all my friends parents have lost all the magic they once had due to routine. She can't know that you have something special planned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Married for 7 years. Neither of us were ever into V-day much, and now it would be silly; Not silly in a good Woody Allen and Annie Hall trying to make lobster kind of a way, but silly in a bad Woody Allen and that other girl trying to make lobster kind of way.

I'm just hoping to get at least equal billing with Mommy in the cards that the kids bring home from school.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:17 PM

My birthday is Feb 13th, so V-day for me is nearly always the same: ingest Advil, smoke a fatty, eat a greasy breakfast, sex with wife, nap, eat again, nap again...

Cool chicks are the best.

KJS
Old 02-05-2007, 03:24 PM

I just heard of a nice one from a friend :

Take her out to a nice restaurant in a hotel. She thinks it's just for dinner, but after you surprise her and take her up to the room where you've got her overnight stuff (lingerie). Poking will ensue.