Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2006, 12:47 AM

Default Re: Facebook turns down $750M acquisition offer

[ QUOTE ]
M,

More on Lucy

" Currently a Ph.D. candidate at Stanford, Southworth boasts degrees in mathematical biology from the University of Pennsylvania and applied math from Oxford.

She’s affiliated with Stanford’s prestigious Biomedical Informatics lab, which combines computer technology with biology to solve tough medical problems, particularly in the field of genetics.

Like Page, Southworth wants to better the world. She recently spent time in Cape Town, South Africa, working at the joint Stanford-South Africa biomedical program, which uses advanced technology to battlethe spread of infectious diseases there."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is impressive as hell. I find this very sexy.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:09 AM

I believe he turned down $90M about 18 months ago. Something I heard from a friend who went to high school with Mark
Old 04-02-2006, 02:20 AM

he should have taken the 750 mil.

no one knows what to do with these web2.0 sites, they're just buying them because they have traffic and online advertising is once again seeing tons of money being shoved it's way. that's going to change though.

google is about to take a huge hit when they announce all the clickfraud lawsuits they'll be settling and that they're going to be pushing rich content advertising (interstertials and flash banners and hovers and all that other stuff you block with firefox). when the market leader's advertising business model collapses, that's surely going to cause yet another online advertising crash.

once that happens, facebook and myspace and flikr and blogger revert to being massive content sites with no real way to generate signifigant revenue. by the time advertising online is in vogue again, facebook will no longer be the hot thing.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Facebook looking for $2 Billion

"the company was launched just two years ago by a group of sophomores at Harvard University, led by Mark Zuckerberg"

All you college kids are gonna make this dude RICH.

Also, here are pics of a $12B girlfriend Larry Page and girlfriend.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice. i actually know mark personally, he lives in my area and went to my public school until 10th grade, and can say that he's definitely worked his ass off to get this far. he's been inventing wacky computer crap since 6th grade, it was only a matter of time until he hit on something this successful. i believe prior to this, he had developed a music preference generator, basically a program that learned what you listened to and made a playlist for you, that got stolen from microsoft since he didn't want to sell for 1m.

facebook actually developed from a prank that got him in deep [censored] at harvard...funny how he's probably sticking it to them with the megabucks he's getting
Old 04-02-2006, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not about innovation, it's about execution and timing.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you some sort of magical business wizard?
Old 04-02-2006, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Also, here are pics of a $12B girlfriend Larry Page and girlfriend."

For a billionaire, that's pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] that. If he's not happy, they'll break up. If he's happy, why shouldn't he date her?

Also, I think she's attractive, and she seems smart too. She seems like a pretty good catch to me.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he should have taken the 750 mil.

no one knows what to do with these web2.0 sites, they're just buying them because they have traffic and online advertising is once again seeing tons of money being shoved it's way. that's going to change though.

google is about to take a huge hit when they announce all the clickfraud lawsuits they'll be settling and that they're going to be pushing rich content advertising (interstertials and flash banners and hovers and all that other stuff you block with firefox). when the market leader's advertising business model collapses, that's surely going to cause yet another online advertising crash.

once that happens, facebook and myspace and flikr and blogger revert to being massive content sites with no real way to generate signifigant revenue. by the time advertising online is in vogue again, facebook will no longer be the hot thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you know this? who are you? what do you do?
Old 04-02-2006, 03:45 AM

Diablo,

I have a feeling you think they shouldve taken the money right?
Old 04-02-2006, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe he turned down $90M about 18 months ago. Something I heard from a friend who went to high school with Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

people are retards
Old 04-02-2006, 03:50 AM

I think anyone would take the money. Why risk it? For me atleast, 700 million is basically the same as 2 billion.

That is like what 35 million/year in a money market account?

Jesus!