Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: **Official 2007 Washington Redskins thread***

[ QUOTE ]
It seems that nobody is picking us to win this week and our defense is getting zero respect b/c we've played "two bad teams."

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Who is picking the Giants?
Old 09-24-2007, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It seems that nobody is picking us to win this week and our defense is getting zero respect b/c we've played "two bad teams."

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like they were right to do so. Why wasn't Sellers given the ball from the 1? or Portis? wtf.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like they were right to do so. Why wasn't Sellers given the ball from the 1? or Portis? wtf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey I didn't say the Skins were a lock. 3+1 picks. Just didn't see anyone in the media actually pick NY.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:20 AM

That second half might have been the worst offensive performance I have ever seen. What awful playcalling. Run for 2 yards, run for 2 yards, incomplete pass. x4. And then play action on the potential gametying drive, with 2 mins left when they obviously aren't going to run it? Seriously wtf was that. Where was the play action all half, when the skins were leading and could easily sell the fake? Just awful. And then to not punch it in there at the end with the #1 rushing offense?

Though the defense played pretty good, Fletcher had a great game. They were helped out by all those dropped balls, and weren't looking great against the run. Its not their fault that they were on the field the entire second half. Decent pressure against Eli as well. However, Carlos Rogers is just terrible. Seriously awful. That one TD vs him would have been a pick the other way with any other of the skins CBs.

Meh. Shoulda won that one, hopefully will not come back to haunt us when we miss the wildcard by 1 game.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What awful playcalling.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last play of the game was sickening....we should easily be a 3-0 football team
Old 10-02-2007, 12:37 AM

Clinton Portis and Santana Moss might not play this weekend. Even w/ them in the lineup I am not liking our chances very much versus the Lions.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:32 AM

You don't like 50/50? I'm wondering if Lions defense is considerably better than most people think. If not, Jason Campbell could light it up a la McNabb 2 weeks ago.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:43 AM

I'm just now beginning to get over that Giants loss....

I still hate the spiked ball on 1st down with almost a whole minute left in the game....so unecessary imo.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:45 PM

Skins looked great today on both sides of the ball, especially offensively, even without moss. Campbell had by far his best game as a Redskin, although Detroit's D is awful. But that doesn't change the fact that the defense was AMAZING. Unbelievble performance. The line actually got pressure for once (thanks to lions o-line being awful), and the secondary played just fantastic. Mike Sellers is a beast. I was really down over the awful Giants game collapse, and didn't know how we would perform this week, but things are definitely looking up.

Big statement with that lopsided win.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:25 PM

I have no idea what spanking Detroit means for the Skins. Impressive performance by front four on defense, they didn't blitz much and constantly got to Kitna with no problem. I think most of this is the Lions scheme, Martz has no interest in keeping QB healthy. Still, Andre Carter in particular owned Backus over and over.

Mike Sellers is a freak, jesus. Who wants to tackle him? That play where Kennoy Kennedy came flying in and Sellers just tosses his flying body to the side was... holy [censored]. Beastly on short yardage. I can't believe the Lions gave up two pretty big plays on direct snaps to Portis and ARE going banannas in first half. This team let Kevin [censored] Curtis go for 200+, 3td in one half two weeks ago. I wouldn't be too optomistic about offense based on this game. At least it should give Campbell some confidence, etc., for later.