Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2007, 03:09 PM

Default OT: A posse ad esse

It is time.

The first event of the 2007 WSOP just started (sadly while I am at work) and I wanted to officially wish all STTFers and 2+2ers the best of luck.

Since my 2006 WSOP kickoff thread last year, the STTF has made a pretty good showing in live tournaments:

-TheUsher placed 2nd in the $5K PLH WSOP event and cashed in the main event. He has since won a Wynn Classic event earlier this year and is playing great poker. I would say he is better than 2:1 against to make a final table this year.

-Gigabet won the TOC at the beginning of the WSOP last year and has made two WPT final tables.

-IWEARSWEATERS became the Empire State Champion.

TravestyFund won a LAPC event earlier this year and definitely has his game face on.

I'm sure there are some other notables, hmmmmm...

Oh yeah... FieryJustice has cashed a bajillion times, made two WPT final tables including a WPT victory and is second to JC in Player of the Year. He's the hottest tournament player alive right, which is a pretty good spot to be in going into the WSOP. I'm not sure anyone would lay odds against him making at least one final table at the WSOP this year.

The ShipItHollaBallas are in town (with the most notable exception of Good2cu) and ready to pounce. Raptor is finally of age and told me he expects to win 4 bracelets and make 7 final tables. Of course, he told me this at the Rhino and he wasn't actually talking to me but rather to Fendi the lap artist so I'm not sure how seriously to take him.

Personally, I will be playing in a few events next week, the first ever PLO-8 event at the end of the month, and the main event. I will have 100% of my poker bankroll converted to Rio chips by Monday and most of that will go into ring game play. My goal is a modest one: I want to make enough in side games to cover all of my buy-ins (roughly $30K).

I look forward to seeing many of you over the next several weeks, but mostly I look forward to the afterparties.

To be honest, I am rooting for Bones more than anyone else because if he wins a bracelet the Rhino will never again be the same.

Ship it.

Irieguy