Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Fun Hand Analysis Contest--Win Free $250

Well guys, I am reading them carefully as they come...I wont do this ALL day of course, but hopefully it works pretty well and people are decently honest [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 12-19-2006, 03:26 PM

By the way, people. Repping a misclick seems weird, since FT has a 'bet pot' button. I obviously don't know whether you use that button, but I do believe most people do.

So... this explanation makes more sense:

Are you a donk-n-go player? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Ninja smiley edit.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, people. Repping a misclick seems weird, since FT has a 'bet pot' button. I obviously don't know whether you use that button, but I do believe most people do.

So... this explanation makes more sense:

Are you a donk-n-go player?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not speaking to the misclick or not debate, but FYI, at NL 100 and below, I raise pf 4x, so I raise to 4 instead of hitting the "bet pot" button that would make it 3.5.

And no, I have never played a sit-n-go.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3. it wins, against someone who isn't gonna start leveling with you, because they see the misclick and push with 98s and kjo and lots of hands that are >>> a random hand and slightly greater than the bottom half of your pfr range

[/ QUOTE ]
are you serious? there is no way this is a winning play. im guessing the OP saw the aba vs ivey hand and thinks hes clever for copying it. if you pull this move most of the time you will win the blinds, and if you get put AI 95% of the time you will be an underdog or at best flipping. no one is going to push with 98s. He pushed UTG, people in UTG+1, hijack, etc are going to be tight in fear of people behind them having a better hand. people last to act still aren't going to push with 98s, AQs is about the worst you'll see.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:43 PM

HYCHACHACHAYCAHCHACYACHA
Old 12-19-2006, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3. it wins, against someone who isn't gonna start leveling with you, because they see the misclick and push with 98s and kjo and lots of hands that are >>> a random hand and slightly greater than the bottom half of your pfr range

[/ QUOTE ]
are you serious? there is no way this is a winning play. im guessing the OP saw the aba vs ivey hand and thinks hes clever for copying it. if you pull this move most of the time you will win the blinds, and if you get put AI 95% of the time you will be an underdog or at best flipping. no one is going to push with 98s. He pushed UTG, people in UTG+1, hijack, etc are going to be tight in fear of people behind them having a better hand. people last to act still aren't going to push with 98s, AQs is about the worst you'll see.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make some good points...do you have an opinion pertaining to the contest, as in, what took place?

I do watch Aba20/Phil Ivey matches, but I've never seen the play you seem to be alluding to.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:25 PM

1) Presumably because you've mismoused, have lost your mind, and/or are on tilt and are desperately trying to run over the table for some reason.

2) Well once you've made the mistake of question 1) you are fairly pot-committed, not only that the pot is now offering you ~2.5-1 odds on your money and 43 of your children are now drowning in the pool better send in the rest of the team to try to bail them out.

3) Without a doubt this outrageously overly aggressive initial bet is a sure money loser.

4) The call after the raise is fairly automatic but will lose a small amount of money in the long run. The reason this call is automatic is because we have a table image to maintain and we need people to respect our raises.

5) As already stated we need to protect our chips and our table image. If we are going to play fast and loose we need to follow through on our initial action.

6) Granted that my opponent has AQ suited, my hand is only going to win 26.9% of the time. What this means is that my call is going to win about $54 over the long run, whereas folding would save me $57 so my call is going to cost about $3 every time I make it.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:40 PM

Hold the presses, I revise my opinion:

1) Presumably because you've mismoused, have lost your mind, and/or are on tilt and are desperately trying to run over the table for some reason.

2) Well once you've made the mistake of question 1) you are fairly pot-committed, not only that the pot is now offering you ~2.5-1 odds on your money and 43 of your children are now drowning in the pool better send in the rest of the team to try to bail them out.

3) Without a doubt this outrageously overly aggressive initial bet is a sure money loser.

4) The call after the raise is fairly automatic and will earn a modest amount of money in the long run. The reason this call is automatic is because we have a table image to maintain and we need people to respect our raises.

5) As already stated we need to protect our chips and our table image. If we are going to play fast and loose we need to follow through on our initial action.

6) Granted that my opponent has AQ suited, my hand is only going to win 26.9% of the time. What this means is that my call is going to win about $54 over the long run, whereas folding would save me $57. However we will also split the pot just over 5% of the time so our call here will really net us about $65 so we will earn $8 everytime we make this
play.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:40 PM

If I win, send me a PM to get my info. Thx.

1) You meant to type in 3 or 4, but hit 43.
2) You were on semi-tilt/shock, but also considered that you were getting good odds vs AK or KK type hands.
3) lose (due to running into AA)
4) lose (due to running into AA)
5) This is basically the same question as #2. Insta-call presumes either no thought was required or it was emotionally induced. So tilt & the impulse to gamble played a factor.
6) You win $2.44. Seeing how if you fold it's $0. Calling costs you $57.45, but you have $59.89 worth of equity. So that leaves you a profit of $2.44.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:03 PM

BB is a terrible player who was on a string of clicking the Bet pot button ahead of time.

You looked down and saw you had a hand that was a favorite against his automatic raising range.

Everyone else had fold checked and he had no time to uncheck his bet pot button before the action got to him.