Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: DERB

RE: The lotto winner comment.

Exactly. Read this post if you are a non-believer.

a 2+2 lottery winner

We don't see the guys with these numbers who come in with 10k and go bust. Most of them go bust at 2/4. Some people have the roll and get lucky, that's poker guys.
-James
Old 05-03-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

a 2+2 lottery winner

We don't see the guys with these numbers who come in with 10k and go bust. Most of them go bust at 2/4. Some people have the roll and get lucky, that's poker guys.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

ok so its a conditional probability if you break it down in 10k # of hands up to 100K...

what is the pr(winning at a rate of 3bb/100 given DERB's stats)=Pr(Derb) for A=10k hands. B=next 10khands. up to J=last 10k hands.

so the Pr(Derb|{A-J}) is what we're lookin for...and i'll tell ya thats definately lottery winner style probability.

-Barron
Old 05-03-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

a 2+2 lottery winner

-James

[/ QUOTE ]

James,
I feel it's more likely that Poker Paul had forged his database results by purging his losing sessions, which is very easy to do in PT. He may not have been the "lottery winner" that his winrate would suggest he was.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

a 2+2 lottery winner

-James

[/ QUOTE ]

James,
I feel it's more likely that Poker Paul had forged his database results by purging his losing sessions, which is very easy to do in PT. He may not have been the "lottery winner" that his winrate would suggest he was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to believe him because he came back a few weeks later complaining about 280 bb downswing, which seemed pretty honest. Obviously there is no way to tell for sure.
-James
Old 05-03-2005, 01:34 AM

Default EXCEL help

i want to analyze this stuff statistically.

i need help turning a column of text into separate columns.

furrnetly, for each player i have in excel column A reads:

PLAYERNAME~{{HP - somenumber - VPIP somenumber - Raise somenumber - nofold somenumber - ag somenumber

the remaining 3 columns are similarly edited so i have lots of data but no way to get JUST the #s...

i want to separate EVERYHTING in that cell into its own columns...so where i now have 1 column...i'd like to end up with like 12 or whatever excel can break those things into.

any ideas?
-Barron
Old 05-03-2005, 02:01 AM

Default Re: EXCEL help

I'm no expert, but I think if you highlight the data, go up to "Data" then down to "Text to Columns", it should take you through it...

Good luck.

Josh
Old 05-03-2005, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm no expert, but I think if you highlight the data, go up to "Data" then down to "Text to Columns", it should take you through it...

Good luck.

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

btw, if i get this set up i can do ALOT ALOT of useful sets of analyses...i can probably spend an entire day looking at the data and still only graze the surface.

-Barron
Old 05-03-2005, 02:14 AM

I don't know about excel, but I'd like to know how many sigmas off the norm this is. The fact that he's from the poker capital of the world scares me also and the weird beats he put on me as if he could see the cards. Bet I'm not the first loser to say that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 05-03-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about excel, but I'd like to know how many sigmas off the norm this is. The fact that he's from the poker capital of the world scares me also and the weird beats he put on me as if he could see the cards. Bet I'm not the first loser to say that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

you're not...the first person or a loser.

but we will find out a lot from the data if i can get the columns separated.

-Barron
Old 05-03-2005, 09:35 AM

Send me a csv file with one line from your spreadsheet, plus the header line if there is one (or the whole thing if you want), and I will either figure out how to do it in Excel or write a perl program to do it.

EDIT: Ooops. Just got to the part of the thread where somneone else offered this. Well, let me know anyway if you want me to help.