Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 12:10 AM

Default Re: *** Official NFL offseason thread ***

If they start Garrard they are retarded.

Houston should go for Huard.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who should the Texans have as their starting qb next year

David Carr
Jake Plummer
Draft rookie QB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone that can run away from angry defensive ends so I think Jake might do well there; plus, picks are more entertaining than sacks anyway.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not even sure I realized until recently that Al Davis is Owner AND GM. he does more than meddle.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, he used to be a great GM.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

(though your ZT praise is a little much imo).

[/ QUOTE ]

My point was just that he is dramatically undersized and has been a top MLB for many consecutive years. He is making up for that lack of size by studying more and being more aware then probably anyone else at that position. He might not be the best MLB in the league, I just think he is the smartest and most technically sound. I know I didn't explain any of that in the first post. Even if he is only a top5 MLB, he is still one of the two most important people on that defense and has to be ending his run at the top soon.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:31 AM

But its not the offseason yet [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who should the Texans have as their starting qb next year

David Carr
Jake Plummer
Draft rookie QB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone that can run away from angry defensive ends so I think Jake might do well there; plus, picks are more entertaining than sacks anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

realize that Jake had his best year while being mentored/schooled by the current HOU head coach
Old 01-05-2007, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What about Jacksonville, who will be the there starting QB next year?

[/ QUOTE ]

This question should not even be asked until at least after the draft. I have 0 idea what direction they might go in but I noted in the Jaguar thread that Leftwich is most likely out. Garrard will stay on the roster and Quinn Gray should be resigned. What they do from there is still up in the air. Until we know who is on the roster the QB question is Jax is unknown.

Rover, Garrard has only started 18 games I believe. I hated him this year at QB, with that said, athletically he is amazing. If he can become more aware of defenses he could become a damn good QB. That is a huge if. Also, don't forget, he has had to come off the bench in the middle of the season for all of his starts. Maybe if he had gotten a whole summer to work with the recievers as the #1 guy, he might have been better. Food for thought.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:38 AM

If you think it's worth a very high chance of wasting a season to find out if Garrard will become an above average QB for a few years, OK.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It has to be one of the worst openings in recent history...

[/ QUOTE ]
Man, you're right about the defense. They're old and Taylor and Thomas have already been talking about retiring. Holliday and Traylor can't be far behind. But you've got Crowder and Bell, two young playmakers to build with. Their o-line stinks, but they've got a couple of young guys there that will probably end up being pretty good too. And they've got the two-headed monster in Ricky & Ronnie if Ricky stays clean this year. They've definitely got some big holes as well as uncertainty at the quarterback position. It won't be fixed overnight obviously, but it's not a bad job at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was listening to talk about this on the radio last night. They were going on and on about how deep the Dolphins defensive line is. Apparently they're stacked behind the old guys with some pretty good young guys ready to take over.

The more I look at them, the more I think they're that far from being a good team. The big question is at QB. If Daunte can come back and not be ridiculously mistake-prone as he's been at times, they're very close I think. They definitely need a good corner, a legitimate #1 receiver, and maybe an o-lineman or two.

I think the mistake with Daunte last year, and fear he won't pan out were a big part of Saban's decision to jump ship. He figured if Daunte doesn't work out (and he probably won't imo) he'll get crucified in Miami and there may not be another big payday waiting for him next year.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think it's worth a very high chance of wasting a season to find out if Garrard will become an above average QB for a few years, OK.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldn't be a waste of a year if he wins the starting position outright. Leftwich the past two seasons spent the entire offseason and pre-season working with the starters full-time. There was a reason that Garrard and Wilford made more connections early on than he did with Jones and Williams. It was because Williams and Jones were the 1 and 2 guys while Wilford was #3 reciever.

Theres no way of telling if Garrard has a full offseason with the starting offense that he can't be one of the top 10 QB's in the league. But speculating on the position is meaningless because we just do not know who will be on the roster come the summer.