Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Re: the king of kong

[ QUOTE ]
In this kind of movie, I really don't think knowing the ending is going to ruin anything. You already know the ending.

[/ QUOTE ]
I did?
Old 08-26-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Either way, I thought it was a fantastic movie. I'm looking forward to going to see this again sometime next week. The film is going to be made into a feature length move. I don't really see how hiring actors, writers and even fictionalizing the story could improve it much.

[/ QUOTE ]

badger, they had a promo for the film at the draughthouse south last weekend. friday and saturday was a donkey kong contest and highest score from the two days won the arcade game. on sunday the guy featured in the movie was going to be there.

btw, your story sounds pretty cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I was aware, but unfortunately couldn't make it out there. Also, for whatever reason Carla Gugino was out there with the crew. I didn't recognize her, but my gf pointed her out to me at lunch. GF was sitting across from me and was trying to tell me "that's the chick from Son-In-Law" while trying to be less obvious than standing up and pointing down the table. It was a big lunch group, ~15 people and she was like 6 seats down on the same side of the table as me, so I couldn't really see her. As we're all getting up and leaving my gf whispers "I was trying to tell you that's the chick from Son-In-Law."
I responded with a blank stare.
"You know, she was also the topless chick in Sin City."
Gee, thanks for referencing some obscure Pauly Shore movie as opposed to a nice naked rack in a movie that you know I've seen and love.

Anyways, she disappeared from the bar before I got to have the inevitable small talk conversation where I pretend to be not thinking about having seen her naked.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In this kind of movie, I really don't think knowing the ending is going to ruin anything. You already know the ending.

[/ QUOTE ]

my understanding, the entire storyline of the film is based around this struggle but you dont see how knowing the outcome beforehand could impact the movie experience? huh. ok.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:53 PM

Didn't CDS use his inside info to post a huge spoiler in another thread (Lost maybe?) and then spent like 50 posts trying to claim it wasn't even a spoiler, much less a massive one? If that was someone else, sorry, but there should be a "two strikes and you're out" rule wrt things like that.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:53 PM

I'm leaving in about 10 minutes to go see it. I hope it's awesome.

Fortunately I have no clue how this ends. I briefly saw some names and other stuff but I was pretty confused, so I'm basically going in tabula rasa. Well not quite, since I know there's a badass pac-man player who had a ridiculous donkey kong score. Some other dude embarks on a quest to pwn it. Does hilarity ensue?
Old 08-26-2007, 11:58 PM

Movie was filmed at a great old time arcade where my family used to summer when I was growing up.

link
Old 08-27-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was so good at Pac Man at around age ten that once after a Suns game I played at a restaurant with All-Star forward Larry Nance and he had to leave before he even got a turn because I was owning the game so hard. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the biggest brag I've ever read on this site. (I'm not kidding).

Heard clips of this (the movie, not the Nance/Pacman battle) on Howard Stern. WTF at this never showing in Philadelphia? Guess I wait for the DVD.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my understanding, the entire storyline of the film is based around this struggle but you dont see how knowing the outcome beforehand could impact the movie experience? huh. ok.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah this would definitely change the movie viewing experience in my opinion.
The producer was talking to his buddy sitting next to me (before I had seen the movie) and said something along the lines of "Do you think [insert CDS' spoiler here] would ruin the movie for someone?"
I chimed in "Hmm, thanks for that, I'll let you know if it ruins it for me when I see it tomorrow."
I had just sat down and he thought I was at the first screening right before lunch. He apologized and assured me I would still enjoy the movie, which I did, but I really wished I wouldn't have heard the spoiler.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Charlie,

A really huge spoiler like that isn't welcome in this thread. Edit plz, or put in white.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note to self: never read OOT thread with movie you are excited about seeing.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: the king of kong *DELETED*

Post deleted by daryn