Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Fossilman\'s Stars Account Hacked?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WTF man, you owe Yuv .. something... anything

He emailed stars saving ur ass

[/ QUOTE ]

Him and 50+ other people..

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, not that 50+ other people didn't email stars, but I never did. I contacted Justin, who contaced his boss who froze the match instantly. I seriously doubt they got thru the mails at the point.

But oh well.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:22 PM

Default Re: Guess Raymer\'s password contest!

[ QUOTE ]
I go with "Bosco". That was George's password on Seinfeld.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol

"Ah, all right, yeah... Let's see... Well, we can throw out birthdays immediately. That's too obvious. And no numbers for you. You're a word man. Let's go deeper... What kind of man are you? Well, you're weak, spineless, a man of temptations. But what tempts you? You're a portly fellow. A bit long in the waistband. So what's your pleasure? Is it the salty snacks you crave? No no no no... Yours is a sweet tooth. Oh, you may stray, but you'll always return to your dark master... The cocoa bean! And only the purest syrup nectar can satisfy you. If you could, you'd guzzle it by the gallon... Ovaltine!? Hershey's!? Nestle's Quick!?"
Old 03-18-2007, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, my account was hacked. I had been playing earlier in the day, as I had VIP matches at 11am, 12pm, and 1pm. I then was playing the weekly TLB match against Shaun Deeb at 2pm. I did play all those matches, failing to cash in all the VIP matches, but managing to win in the TLB match, where I played heads-up limit 5-card draw for the first time ever. I have played some limit 5-card draw before, but not HU.

Anyway, I then went upstairs to watch my buddy Rocco Mediate on TV as he was trying to win the Arnold Palmer Invitational Golf Tournament (he finished 2nd to a super-hot Vijay Singh), and I then went to the driving range. While there I got phone calls from my Dad, my wife, and PokerStars security. So, I rushed home and dealt with things.

It appears that this ikeyrson bastard managed to guess my password after making multiple attempts. He then played like an idiot as you are all aware, blatantly dumping chips from my account to his account. Based upon dozens of emails sent to PokerStars security, they jumped in and froze his account. So, all of my money will be returned, and he gets nothing. PS isn't allowed to tell me this guy's real name (if it is his real name, whatever it is he used to create his relatively new account). If anybody out there finds out who it is, feel free to share his name. I'll be more than happy to try and make sure that every online and live poker room in the world bars him permanently.

So, in summary, account hacked, hacker caught and account frozen, all money safe, I really did go only 1-3 this morning/early afternoon in my VIP and TLB matches.

Thanks to all of you who helped me by alerting PS security.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

P.S. - lol hackerments

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL RAYMERMENTS
Old 03-18-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WTF man, you owe Yuv .. something... anything

He emailed stars saving ur ass

[/ QUOTE ]

Him and 50+ other people..

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, not that 50+ other people didn't email stars, but I never did. I contacted Justin, who contaced his boss who froze the match instantly. I seriously doubt they got thru the mails at the point.

But oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait. You weren't really expecting a reward for this, were you?
Old 03-18-2007, 11:52 PM

his reward should be poker stars allowing people to sign in with names that are not their screen name. that and a signed pair of raymers underwear that yuv can use as curtains.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:54 PM

George (Fossilman)-

We may be dinosaurs when it comes to security precautions, but we managed to save your account. Congratulations and thanks for playing at Pokerstars today!!

-Lou Jones
Old 03-18-2007, 11:54 PM

lol, no shane. I wanted a thank you, I guess

Obviously I just stumbled across it and I would have reported it anyhow, or stars would have gotten there a few mins later. It was too blatant and visable for someone not to stop it in time.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:58 PM

So Greg is your new password now "lolhackerments"? Let me give it a try... Nope, it's not.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks to all of you who helped me by alerting PS security.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-19-2007, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also would love to take advantage of a feature of "only allow my account to log-in from THIS computer."

This could stop a lot of hacking attempts cold I suspect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded, or like I said in the internet thread, a usb dongle would work just as well.