Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Brett Myers...... he seems nice

The fact that people are so quick to be convinced in their mind that one incident (pretty much everyone is agreeing the wife-beater thing is the foundation of their opinion) can determine whether you are a bad or good person makes me think you have a self-inflated sense of morality. Like it or not, everyone's human, and if you don't know him personally there's no reason to act like he is whatever you think he is because you don't have nearly enough information to make such a judgement.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ou guys have done a great job with your ad hominem attacks and such, and a porous job actually using any logic. Commence.

I know it's a cliche, but... this is a poker site. You would think ... people ... would ... understand ... margin of error ... and ... stuff.

Editx2: And note that I never defended this singular incident or the other singular incident. I was merely commenting on the silly people who choose to make indictments on the entire man's life based upon these two simple incidents. I'm sure such indictments could've been made on Josh Hamilton, too...

[/ QUOTE ]

If this was drunk driving, carrying a gun, etc.. I think more people on here would agree with you. The problem is that usually people don't beat their wife one time. Not that violence towards women is ever really a good thing, 'beat' is not the same as 'hit/slap' (seriously, there really isn't a reason to do this ever) though. And he BEAT his wife. This usually is much more deep seeded and is much tougher to 'cure' as well.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:14 PM

So? That doesn't mean you assume such a thing. The fact that people would even make such judgements on something THEY HAVE SO LITTLE INFORMATION ABOUT is heinous.

Better to let a guilty man go free than to send an innocent man to jail is the way I see it.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Better to let a guilty man go free than to send an innocent man to jail is the way I see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of logic this situation isn't analogous at all as saying someone is a douchebag = punishing them.
Also moral skepticism is an incredibly lazy argument imo. We can't judge anyone so we won't attempt to figure out the difference between right and wrong.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that people are so quick to be convinced in their mind that one incident (pretty much everyone is agreeing the wife-beater thing is the foundation of their opinion) can determine whether you are a bad or good person makes me think you have a self-inflated sense of morality. Like it or not, everyone's human, and if you don't know him personally there's no reason to act like he is whatever you think he is because you don't have nearly enough information to make such a judgement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! What if instead of beating his wife, everyone saw him rape her instead? Would you still say that it is a self-inflated sense of morality? And comparing raping women with beating women is not fallacious reasoning. They are very similar and often times a spouse suffering from physical abuse also has to deal with psychological and sexual abuse. Wow the trifecta of abuse.

craig
Old 08-26-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We can't judge anyone

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't change my argument,.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:25 PM

Now I know you must be leveling. hahahahah
Old 08-26-2007, 10:27 PM

It's Brett Myers, not Bretty. plz get it right.

I'll keep the loc cause I like it but the picture could've been done better...
Old 08-26-2007, 10:28 PM

Myers should be electrocuted and drowned.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:35 PM

Vyse is the (apparently...right out of the woodwork) eternal Myers Apologist and RedBean is the eternal Bonds Apologist. I like Vyse's new undertitle but RedBean's really needs to be "Bonds Apologist".
Closed Thread