Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Is Analysis the Enemy of Inspiration

[ QUOTE ]
You have posted it in a way that suggests anyone who does not agree with it is a Christ/Christian basher.

Regardless of your definitions, I find that offensive...please do not call me something I am not.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly. Thanks again Hitch, I am not so good with the words and the punctuations.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am happy to say that it is correct enough in a vaccum

[/ QUOTE ]

you think it's correct that there is no reasonable definition of anti-jesus?
Old 09-20-2007, 04:10 PM

There is no mention of the term 'anti-jesus' in the statement, that's why it can work free-standing. It is when it is put into the context it was found it becomes wrong.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I forgot how much of a nit you are. Silly me.

[/ QUOTE ]
You made a statement, I called it a lie, and then you tried to swap out the first statement for a new one with a different meaning altogether and defend that. That doesn't make me a nit. Now you are just adding dishonesty on top of something that could have been a slip-up when you first posted it.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no mention of the term 'anti-jesus' in the statement, that's why it can work free-standing. It is when it is put into the context it was found it becomes wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

what does "there is no reasonable definition" mean out of context?

tpir said "Depending on how you define "anti-Jesus" it could end up being 50%+, but if we used a reasonable definition"

either you read "anti-jesus" into the statement or "there is no reasonable definition" is complete nonsense.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no "reasonable definition". Either you believe he is the only begotten son of God or you don't. There is nothing in between...no matter how much you twist it using your critical thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]
So, if I think Jesus was a great moral leader with an awesome message and I even read parts of the NT for inspiration, but I am not 100% convinced he was divine, that makes me an anti-Jesus Jesus-basher? This would be the unreasonable definition I was referring to.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:27 PM

True. Firstly I do not find complete nonesense offensive [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But primarily, That was not really my point, but I think you know that. I should have left 'there is no reasonable definition' out of my post so it read -

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Either you believe he is the only begotten son of God or you don't. There is nothing in between...no matter how much you twist it using your critical thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cannot ignore this statement.

I am happy to say that it is correct enough in a vaccum, however, you have not posted it in a vaccum. You have posted it in a way that suggests anyone who does not agree with it is a Christ/Christian basher.

Regardless of your definitions, I find that offensive.

I am not trying to be inflamitary, but please do not call me something I am not.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I am not really that bothered about persuing the questionable symantics of my post as a point for discussion.

If what I said was unclear then, I apologise, and hopefully I have cleared things up now.

If I am, however, missing some point, then I still apologise, but I welcome hearing what I am missing.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But primarily, That was not really my point, but I think you know that. I should have left 'there is no reasonable definition' out of my post so it read

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, that was 100% of my objection. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Splendour, a word of advice. You should probably read some more (both theist and atheist work) before posting on this forum. Your threads just give atheists an easy target to bash and feel better about their intellectual/logical "superiority". Of course even as a theist i find a lot of your posts pretty ridiculous, but the effort is appreciated ... just realize you could be doing more harm than good.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ scare-quotes.

Intellectual superiority? Check. Average IQ of SMP atheists >>> average IQ of SMP theists.

Logical superiority? Check. All but two (BluffThis!, Peter666) of the theists on this forum have no clue that basically everything they say is special pleading.

You're silly if you don't admit that atheists are disproportionately intelligent and logical. It may irk you, but it's indisputable truth.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:18 PM

An interesting look at inspiration:

http://arts.guardian.co.uk/features/story/0,,1728943,00.html