Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Which ones did I win? 4 x $400NL hands

You lost 2 for sure, and maybe 4.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:50 PM

I'm 90% sure you won hand 1, sonuvbitch is a huge donkey. 2 is gross though, I don't like the calldown here very often, and usually bet turn.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Lost - There aren't really that many draws there. You basically only beat a bluff. His bet sizing seems like its for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm KT4 with a flush draw is about as drawy as boards come.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:01 PM

Sorry, I should clarify. I think we can discount a lot of straight draws cause we have two Q's in our hand.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:34 PM

1. Won (no reason to post this hand if you lost it since it looks like such an atrocious line)
2. Lost - hate the call down
3. Lost - looks like he might have been open ended on the flop, but all the draws gotg there.
4. Won - his stats + bet sizings leads me to believe this was a good call down.

Btw, I am expecting a surprise reveal on the order of... "I won them all! Muahahahah" Good thread either way.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Results

OK, I'll firstly start by saying that I like my play on 3 of the hands, and dislike my play on 1 hand.

Hand 1 I lost. Having siad that, Istill like my call here, and most of you seem to like it as well, mostly for teh same reasons I do.TT/KK+/AK rr preflop, all the draws missed etc etc. Not to mention that I doubt he is vb KQ like that on the river. Having said that, I was REALLY suprised to find out he had AK here. not really sure I'm in love with his preflop/flop lines here, but he won a nice pot, so well done.

Hand 2 was one that I won, although it looks like most people think it was a bad call. I think this was one of those calls that feels a lot more right at the table than it does on paper. I guess again theres the fact that not too many hands beat me. Then theres also quite how weak my hand looks to him. I think he expected me to fold this sort of hand on teh river, so its not like he put me on a much weaker hand (altho AJ=JJ here pretty much). He had T8 here for I guess a value call turned double float!

I really hate my call in hand 3. I swear this isn't results orientated at all. But I have a rule, thet weh ndonks, esp on river, suddenly wake up with a huge bets, its a BIG sign of stregnth. He showed me A7cc here, and I think this is a backdoor flush just about always. I think 2pair playes different of just about every street. I obv called cos ZOMG SET VS DONK, but I think this is bad.

Jamougha always says that donks just don't lead flushes on teh turn when they hit. Hell, even I don't a lot of the time! So that certainly factored into my call. What also I factored in was that I think most players just dont c/c flop lead turn with a lot of the made hands that beat me, esp on that turn. I think a c/r flop or c/c flop check turn again is much more likely. On the river, his bet size was another factor. It certainly looked weak to me...as if he was very scared. As it happens, he had QTo.

So the right answer, which no1 got!, was LWLW
Old 03-08-2007, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Results

hand1: won against air or diamond draw
hand2: lost to trips or FH
hand3: lost to flush
hand4: 50 won/50 lost
Old 03-08-2007, 08:24 PM

Hah, I got every one wrong.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:29 PM

I still think you're being results oriented in hand 3 a little bit. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

You're getting better than 3:1 on a call against a guy who previously called off a nice chunk of his stack with top pair Queen no kicker. He could easily be shoving with two pair on the river thinking it's good.

Hand 2 I know just what you mean about a call feeling better than it looks on paper. The flop and turn just look like such a float to me. What else is he gonna do after peeling that Axx flop... bet obv! On the river, like I said, I just don't think he wants a call with that bet size.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:34 PM

This was a great thread, I learned a few pretty good gems here. Thanks!