Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Crazy backwards writing

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am left handed and write backwards sometimes. I wish I took it more seriously and could read backwards with ease since it feels more natural to write backwards if you are left handed, and you don't smudge ink. If you are left handed you can learn to do this quickly just messing around doodling sometimes, it is really easy.

BTW on a similar note, does anyone have weird left/right coordination? I snowboard natural but surf goofy, play the guitar right handed but throw a ball left handed, write left handed, use a mouse right handed to play computer games, etc... when i start a new sport or activity often I will feel uncoordinated for a long time until I work out which side of my brain I am using.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I write lefty but I throw/golf righty but I play coordinated games like tennis lefty but I bowl righty but I play pool lefty...basically I do "power" activities with the right and "coordination" activities with the left. Can't write backwards, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm basically wired the same way. Basically lefty for writing and eating but righty for most sports. I play tennis left-handed but serve right-handed and the racket just naturally slides into my left hand (although I can serve lefty as well, just better righty, kinda weird.)

I can write backwards, I can even write some simple things like my name backwards with my left hand at the same time writing forwards with my right hand. Never really tried to write too much that way, I guess I could do more complicated stuff just never really practiced enough, seems kind of pointless anyway.

I do remember reading somewhere that one of our Presidents, maybe Wilson, could write in something like german backwards with one hand while writing forwards in another language with the other hand. Always thought was pretty cool.