Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Why should I care about VT?

[ QUOTE ]
Who says you have to care? I, however, live in SW VA and know people at VT, so I certainly care.

PS: Go [censored] yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone died in a car wreck in my neighborhood yesterday you you likely don't give a rip.

Go [censored] YOURSELF.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:08 PM

heavilyarmed - when was the last time you told someone that a person you knew died in a car wreck and they said they didn't give a rip?

or, when you told a stranger this, and they didn't care?
Old 04-17-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
heavilyarmed - when was the last time you told someone that a person you knew died in a car wreck and they said they didn't give a rip?

[/ QUOTE ]
me, right now
Old 04-17-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither one of us has claimed acquaintance with a victim. You need to read better.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:50 PM

an average of 80 people die from gun homicides in the US everyday. Yesterday was not a tragedy if every other day is not a comparable tragedy.

It is just an opportunity for the media to fill some time with meaningless drivel, rather than discuss our corrupt government.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
an average of 80 people die from gun homicides in the US everyday. Yesterday was not a tragedy if every other day is not a comparable tragedy.

It is just an opportunity for the media to fill some time with meaningless drivel, rather than discuss our corrupt government.

[/ QUOTE ]

Global climate change is clearly a fraud since Hell has in fact frozen over; I agree with canis.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:03 PM

heavilyarmed - compassion is understanding the suffering of another, and desiring to relieve it. A dead man is not suffering, and I do not feel compassion for someone who has already died - i feel compassion for the living who are suffering after their death. I don't care whether or not you implied that you had a relationship with the victim - i thought it was obvious that if you were not suffering, then i would have no reason to feel compassion for you, and there would be no point in discussing that question.

If you are telling me "someone somewhere is suffering because someone died sometime", i think it should be obvious why i would not have a deep awareness of their suffering, and hence would not feel compassion.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
heavilyarmed - compassion is understanding the suffering of another, and desiring to relieve it. A dead man is not suffering, and I do not feel compassion for someone who has already died - i feel compassion for the living who are suffering after their death. I don't care whether or not you implied that you had a relationship with the victim - i thought it was obvious that if you were not suffering, then i would have no reason to feel compassion for you, and there would be no point in discussing that question.

If you are telling me "someone somewhere is suffering because someone died sometime", i think it should be obvious why i would not have a deep awareness of their suffering, and hence would not feel compassion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buh bye.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:41 PM

sweet that was easier than i thought it would be
Old 04-17-2007, 03:02 PM

but seriously, if that answer seemed way out there, i wasn't going for that. I was just trying to explain why your example wouldn't evoke compassion from anyone. If the media did a big story on it, then it would evoke a sense of compassion merited by the suffering conveyed through the reporting, which will almost certainly be many orders of magnitude less than the suffering felt by the entire country regarding this current massacre.