Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB
T. Brady vs IND 3 50.00%
D. Brees @ TB 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

[ QUOTE ]
Adanthar, wouldnt he be fired just for sending out all that private information??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, because AP has really shown themselves to be a beacon of security and fairness, I'm sure that keeping player information confidential is one of their primary concerns.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No graph, but AP has 18k player atm.....about normal for this time of day. However nothing is running above 30/60 lhe and 5/10 nlhe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am taking all my money off AP and suggest that other do as well.

What do you guys think about using observer chat to tell others on the site about the riggedness? Perhaps links to the NYT article?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not picking on your comment specifically, but I think "rigged" is a word we should be mostly avoiding, both for accuracy about our claims and to reduce hysteria about online poker in general.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:04 PM

Just one other note here.

I wasn't acting out of selfishness for my 12k. To me, this is far bigger than 12k.

However, since at least 700k is involved (maybe far more), I felt the most important thing was for EVERYONE to get their money back. I wasn't just trying to get my own money back. If that was all I wanted, I would have just asked for my own money, and they very well might have given it if they felt I had some influence out here. I want everyone to get their money. In fact, I wouldn't want my money if they only paid me and screwed everyone else -- even if they gave me a premium on top of what I lost.

Just wanted to clarify my motives with the first phone call.

Again, as I mentioned before, I will abandon the compromise position and shoot for what everyone here seems to want.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:05 PM

Just want to say I appreciate Dan Druff's efforts, and his willingness to change course in the face of negative feedback, even when it's given in responses written by immature wankers. (That refers to only a few of you, not most). He's out there being one of the "good guys" -- we may not agree with his take on everything, but he's working toward a solution that at the very least might get some of our money back -- as I wrote before, I think that's only a half-measure, but it would be the first step in the right direction we've gotten from Absolute throughout this whole thing.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw as this account seems a few years, you are being incredibly naive if you think this is the only time it's been used for malpurpose. That is why they need to get an auditor in to discover the truth. They wont do that, and I hope they go down.

[/ QUOTE ]

very good point.

There could have been many situations which were less obvious but still profitable going on for who knows how long.
This is also why AP needs to come clean with practically everything. How long has it been happening? When did THEY discover it? What have they done to ensure it won't happen again?
etc etc etc.

Denying that it ever happened means they avoid a lot of other extremely important Q's.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No graph, but AP has 18k player atm.....about normal for this time of day. However nothing is running above 30/60 lhe and 5/10 nlhe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am taking all my money off AP and suggest that other do as well.

What do you guys think about using observer chat to tell others on the site about the riggedness? Perhaps links to the NYT article?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not picking on your comment specifically, but I think "rigged" is a word we should be mostly avoiding, both for accuracy about our claims and to reduce hysteria about online poker in general.

[/ QUOTE ]
rigged is a word people shouldn't be using

reducing hysteria is lol as that 75% of this thread is doing exactly the opposite
Old 10-17-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw as this account seems a few years, you are being incredibly naive if you think this is the only time it's been used for malpurpose. That is why they need to get an auditor in to discover the truth. They wont do that, and I hope they go down.

[/ QUOTE ]i think the end is nigh for absolute regardless. too much out there now
Old 10-17-2007, 06:07 PM

you guys are ridiculous

if dan can get the money back, take it. then it will be up to you to decide whether or not you want to play there

but to have dan back off from the work that has been done is ludicrous
Old 10-17-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just one other note here.

I wasn't acting out of selfishness for my 12k. To me, this is far bigger than 12k.

However, since at least 700k is involved (maybe far more), I felt the most important thing was for EVERYONE to get their money back. I wasn't just trying to get my own money back. If that was all I wanted, I would have just asked for my own money, and they very well might have given it if they felt I had some influence out here. I want everyone to get their money. In fact, I wouldn't want my money if they only paid me and screwed everyone else -- even if they gave me a premium on top of what I lost.

Just wanted to clarify my motives with the first phone call.

Again, as I mentioned before, I will abandon the compromise position and shoot for what everyone here seems to want.

[/ QUOTE ]

abandoning it is a huge mistake
Old 10-17-2007, 06:10 PM

Dan should tell them the truth. There is no way the company can be saved. Go and tell the directors to do whatever is necessary (be that business or personal - maybe the building is a skyscraper).
Closed Thread