Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Re: PGA Championship Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I watched all of Woody's pressers and sure don't remember him saying he played better on Friday than Tiger did.

[/ QUOTE ]
"We can go through our rounds. I outplayed him on Friday, but he beat me by seven shots. So, does that mean he's that much better? I don't get it."

"He took advantage; I didn't," Austin said. "Does that mean he played better than me, or he's better than me? I don't get it."
Old 08-13-2007, 11:54 PM

http://www.pga.com/pgachampionship/2...nterviews.html

Link to all the interviews.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:59 PM

There's an article in my local paper where some people are ripping Haney. But it doesn't go into much detail. Here's the link, but you might have to sign up to read it. Some highlights:

It drives Paul crazy to see what Tiger Woods has done with his golf swing since he started working with Hank Haney as a teacher in 2004.

"He has him so tied up he can't hit his driver," Paul will say, spitting mad. "The only guy who can beat Tiger is Haney."

According to Townsend, Haney has Woods trying to copy Ben Hogan's swing from when he was in the late stages of his career. "Look at pictures of Hogan's swing in 1953 — when he was going 3-for-3 in majors," Townsend said. "He didn't have the club in the position that Tiger has now. He had it out here. They are copying an old Hogan."

Townsend made a gesture forward with his hands.

Again, we're dealing with more than Paul the oldtimer, and more than a minor touring pro in their anguish in seeing this version of the Tiger swing. Many others have talked about Tiger getting "stuck" when he hits his driver, and yet it matters not.

Can someone get technical and explain to me exactly what they're talking about? Or link to more detailed articles. Thanks.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.pga.com/pgachampionship/2...nterviews.html

Link to all the interviews.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah cool, this is excellent.

From what I've read, Woody didn't exactly say what was posted above though unless I missed something, which is possible.

BO
Old 08-14-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I watched all of Woody's pressers and sure don't remember him saying he played better on Friday than Tiger did. He did say that about Sunday's round which was an accurate statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not as cut and dry as you're making it sound.

He shot a better score, but that doesn't mean he played a better round of golf. He was coming from behind, going for broke. Tiger was protecting a lead.

Who the [censored] really cares anyway? The tournament is over, Tiger won. For him to say that he thinks he played better is absolutely hilarious.

I don't mind if Woody talks trash all week. But when you lose, quit yapping about "if this, if that".

Rory, Sergio, and Austin need to get together and form some type of club for hating on Tiger for being everything they wished they could be.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Rory, Sergio, and Austin need to get together and form some type of club for hating on Tiger for being everything they wished they could be.

[/ QUOTE ]
Now wait just a minute, this is certainly man love here toward Tiger.

Admittedly, Sergio is full of crap. A crybaby and a whiner.

Rory said nothing wrong, he simply said Tiger was beatable, he didn't say he was going to beat him. But when he didn't play well it certainly gave the media an opportunity to jump on him. Which they did.

Woody didn't whine, complain, or anything. he simply stated his feelings and backed them up with valid reasons. He didn't say he should have won or he got screwed. And by the way, Woody didn't lose, he finished 2nd. Tiger won the thing. There's a Bob Rotella ism for you.

BO
Old 08-14-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's an article in my local paper where some people are ripping Haney. But it doesn't go into much detail. Here's the link, but you might have to sign up to read it. Some highlights:

It drives Paul crazy to see what Tiger Woods has done with his golf swing since he started working with Hank Haney as a teacher in 2004.

"He has him so tied up he can't hit his driver," Paul will say, spitting mad. "The only guy who can beat Tiger is Haney."

According to Townsend, Haney has Woods trying to copy Ben Hogan's swing from when he was in the late stages of his career. "Look at pictures of Hogan's swing in 1953 — when he was going 3-for-3 in majors," Townsend said. "He didn't have the club in the position that Tiger has now. He had it out here. They are copying an old Hogan."

Townsend made a gesture forward with his hands.

Again, we're dealing with more than Paul the oldtimer, and more than a minor touring pro in their anguish in seeing this version of the Tiger swing. Many others have talked about Tiger getting "stuck" when he hits his driver, and yet it matters not.

Can someone get technical and explain to me exactly what they're talking about? Or link to more detailed articles. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is another bit from that article...

"There has never been a golfer in history with more than a fraction of the talent that this man has. He's going to win his 13th major today, and to me, he already should have as many as Nicklaus."

This guy is a moron, plain and simple.

Tiger has fought getting "stuck" his entire golf career, and that probably won't ever change. If he ever gets to the point that he never gets stuck, he would then have another swing flaw to worry about. (Unless he becomes a robot)

This guy is just grabbing headlines and spitting out drivel.

"Should have as many as Nicklaus by now." LOLOLOLOLOLOL Might be the dumbest thing I've read in a long time.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Now wait just a minute, this is certainly man love here toward Tiger.

Admittedly, Sergio is full of crap. A crybaby and a whiner.

Rory said nothing wrong, he simply said Tiger was beatable, he didn't say he was going to beat him. But when he didn't play well it certainly gave the media an opportunity to jump on him. Which they did.

Woody didn't whine, complain, or anything. he simply stated his feelings and backed them up with valid reasons. He didn't say he should have won or he got screwed. And by the way, Woody didn't lose, he finished 2nd. Tiger won the thing. There's a Bob Rotella ism for you.

BO

[/ QUOTE ]

So Rory simply said Tiger was beatable, eh?

Of course Tiger is beatable. (If he had never lost before, then perhaps this would be news. That's not at all what he said.) Go read the quotes again.

Woody whined plenty. "You guys always bring up my bad stuff, but you never talk about Tiger's bad stuff, waaaaa waaaa."

There are ways to go about being cocky and competitive. These guys just don't get it. Tiger has lined their pockets with more cash then they ever dreamed of.
Pay some [censored] respect ffs.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:33 AM

If I were these guys, and I was having a great tournament and getting a super rare shot at a major, I'd be pretty irritated with my 80% of my presser questions being about Tiger.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There are ways to go about being cocky and competitive. These guys just don't get it. Tiger has lined their pockets with more cash then they ever dreamed of.
Pay some [censored] respect ffs.

[/ QUOTE ]
With all due respect, and I don't think I'm alone in this statement. But your perspective on this will not allow you to have an unbiased discussion about any of this. Your judgment is clouded with man love.

Pay some respect? You think Woody should have stated in his presser that he would like to thank Tiger Woods for giving me the opportunity to participate in this tournament? Give me a break.

Tiger is unquestionably the best player in the world right now, but that doesn't mean that other tour players should kiss his butt. When Vijay was number one did the rest of the tour pucker up? No. From your logic, Tiger should have shown Vijay some respect for those 6 months or so and stated that Vijay was not beatable.

BO