Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Did I post this in the right forum?
Yes 16 61.54%
No 4 15.38%
Uh 6 23.08%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2006, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Michael Richards (Kramer of Seinfeld) -- Racist Tirade On Stage

The Lost Seinfeld Episode (spoof)
Old 11-29-2006, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's almost as ridiculous as the scalded-by-McDonald's-coffee broad.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what's called a nonsequitor.

unless youre nth leveling me w/ a reference to the kramer episode in which he sues starbucks because his coffee was too hot. although i dont think you are.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I wasn't. How is that a non sequitur? They're both ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I've studied the Stella Liebeck vs McDonalds case in detail, and it is not at all ridiculous.

Jesse Jackson and these kid's lawyer are all just tools, looking for a reason to be "outraged".

AB
Old 11-29-2006, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe some of you can confirm this, I heard that Richards was offered to have a Kramer spinoff show not long after Seinfeld ended, but Jerry Seinfield wouldn't allow it. Can you believe that?? how awesome that would have been! a whole half hour of Kramer with his own show wow!

Kramer and George Constanza were the real stars of the show Seinfeld. Even if he threw around that evil N word, his stock has gone up 1000% for those that appreciate those willing to say what nobody else has the guts to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2006, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

unless youre nth leveling me w/ a reference to the kramer episode in which he sues starbucks because his coffee was too hot. although i dont think you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I've studied the Stella Liebeck vs McDonalds case in detail, and it is not at all ridiculous.

Jesse Jackson and these kid's lawyer are all just tools, looking for a reason to be "outraged".

[/ QUOTE ]
OK and I'm being serious, if you have time to explain to us why the McDonald's verdict wasn't ridiculous I'd like to hear it. I've got more of a 30K foot knowledge of the whole trial, as I'd bet most other in this forum do, and ZOMG COFFEE IS HOT?!?! from the plaintiff seems pretty stupid.

Also, Eric I agree with your bolding of ed's post. I was wondering when someone would get around to that, but I figured either he was being sarcastic and/or we were all WTF?
Old 11-29-2006, 09:47 PM

tuq,

If my memory serves well, that particular McDonalds was serving coffee much hotter than the usual standards for even McDonalds, which was condiered too hot anyway. Also, that particular McDonalds had been warned before about the high temperature of their coffee.

Others more familiar will probably confirm or deny my points with actual court documents.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OK and I'm being serious, if you have time to explain to us why the McDonald's verdict wasn't ridiculous I'd like to hear it. I've got more of a 30K foot knowledge of the whole trial, as I'd bet most other in this forum do, and ZOMG COFFEE IS HOT?!?! from the plaintiff seems pretty stupid.

Also, Eric I agree with your bolding of ed's post. I was wondering when someone would get around to that, but I figured either he was being sarcastic and/or we were all WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt originally reply to you because i was gone from the computer for a day or so and i didnt want to sidetrack the lovely conversation that was going on. but since this has gotten legs ill comment.

if you know about the trial, how can you whittle it down to "coffee is hot" comment? that's what most people like to say because they dont take time to understand any of the facts of the case.

-all the woman asked for was her medical bills to be covered but was denied by mcdonald's. she told them if they didnt, she would be forced to sue them and mcdonald's still refused. w/ medical bills she was unable to pay, she took them to court.

-mcdonald's knew their coffee was too hot and kept it too hot in order sell more coffee so commuters could keep sipping warm coffee all the way to work. they took a business risk hoping to sell more of a product at the risk of causing physical injury.

-mcdonald's had settled many times already and had received many complaints about the temperature. they were aware of the problem and ignored it.

no joke, "coffee is hot" but do you expect something can produce THIRD degree burns when something is handed to you at the drive thru?
Old 11-29-2006, 10:03 PM

tuq,

A quick google will give you the pertinent details on the lawsuit that you can read in a few minutes. Given how often ignorant people use it as an example of a frivolous lawsuit, its probably worth the few minutes.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:11 PM

bwana, RDH,

Thanks for the info. I can be a public-news-consuming assclown with the best of them, and when that coffee deal happened I was like "WTF of course coffee is hot you dumb broad!" but didn't care enough to follow the case. Your breakdown (well, bwana's) is good enough to make Erin Brockovich blush. Thanks for the insight and I will stop wishing hate upon her starting now.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Lost Seinfeld Episode (spoof)

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome. I was just coming into post that actually.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bwana, RDH,

Thanks for the info. I can be a public-news-consuming assclown with the best of them, and when that coffee deal happened I was like "WTF of course coffee is hot you dumb broad!" but didn't care enough to follow the case. Your breakdown (well, bwana's) is good enough to make Erin Brockovich blush. Thanks for the insight and I will stop wishing hate upon her starting now.

[/ QUOTE ]

tuq,

hehe, that's cool.