Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2006, 06:48 AM

Default Re: Hey Lee!!! Help us Party switchers out, Please!

[ QUOTE ]
you become SuperNova by accumulating 100,000 points in any consecutive twelve months.

[/ QUOTE ]

good call
Old 10-27-2006, 06:55 AM

I would still have to increase my play in order to get 100K within 12 months, but as things stand now I have little incentive to increase my play because I still wouldn't make Supernova until almost the end of 2007. If you changed it to a rolling 12-month period, then I'd be able to make Supernova by perhaps March if I choose to increase my play now.

(I mainly play tournaments so the recent changes regarding 6-max tables don't affect me.)
Old 10-27-2006, 07:35 AM

Default rebuy tournaments

I agree with most of MicroBob's suggestions.

In particular, certain aspects of rebuy tournaments need tweaking; playing a rebuy tournament is very frustrating because of the following:

-- After you bust out, it's difficult to get in two rebuys before the next hand starts. The software should give you three options: double rebuy, single rebuy, or leave tournament.

-- If two or more players bust out on the same hand, the software goes to each of them one by one asking if they want to rebuy. This slows the game down and it screws things up if you try to rebuy before the software "officially" asks you to. The players who busted out should be asked simultaneously about rebuying.

-- Suppose I have 1525 chips. I call the big blind in a multiway pot, but then fold on the flop, while the hand continues with other players. Now my stack is 1475, so I should be able to rebuy. But the software won't allow me to until the hand is complete. Very frustrating!

-- Frequently I forget to add on. Usually what happens is, the hand will end at my table but I can't add on until other tables are finished, so I'll bring up Firefox or something to pass the time, and then before I know it the break is over and I've missed the add-on. One way to fix it would be to have a dialog box pop up on my screen, saying "do you wish to add on? yes/no".
Old 10-27-2006, 07:53 AM

Default Re: *Official* Suggestions for Stars Thread

[ QUOTE ]
They have the travel gift-cards before you get to concierge level.

30k points for a $500 gift-card.

Not sure how good the travel-service they are affiliated with is however.
But I intend to find out shortly as I would like for my points to cover our January trip to South America.

If the price they offer is significantly worse than what I see online on cheapseats or something I will likely take a pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Microbob, I think that the travel service is offered through Expedia. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere on the Stars website.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good grief Stars.

It is easy as pie to get all the business you could possibly want from these guys.

It is not by creating a site that is friendly to the eight tabling grinders and pros.

Make your site friendly to ME. The rest will follow in more abundance than you can imagine.

Tony Tuff Fish

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuff --

The two changes he made above were that he sped up the tables (you like this) and he gave more FPPs to low limit players (lower limit recreational players like this). What changes has he made that will alienate the "fish"?
Old 10-27-2006, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you become SuperNova by accumulating 100,000 points in any consecutive twelve months.

[/ QUOTE ]

good call

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, this could hurt some players who may have put up big numbers in one particular month and then when that month rolls off they are no longer a Nova, but under the current system they still would be as long as they hit 10k VPPs each month for the first 6 months in 2007.

My suggestion: Dump the convoluted system they presently have where they keep you at SuperNova as long as you maintain 10K VPP each month for the first 6 months and place SuperNova qualification on a rolling 15 months. This is the best of both worlds and would help most players regardless if they are presently SuperNova or not.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:53 AM

I got thinking about this rolling 12 month qualification period for SuperNova and also Stars present system to maintain your Nova status for 2007, so I sent Scotty the following email, which I think makes a whole lot more sense for both sides:

I see where you replied to a poster at 2 + 2 who suggested a rolling 12 month qualification period for SuperNova. I do think the present system needs to be fixed, but a rolling 12 month qualification period could hurt some players who might have put up big numbers in some months and once a big month rolls off for a player they would no longer be a Nova.

My suggestion: A rolling 15 month qualification period for SuperNova. Or a rolling 18 month period with a higher threshold, maybe 150k VPPs?

I think this would be a much simpler system than the presnt one. Under the present system, if a player fails to hit 10k in Jan, 2007 and is no longer a SuperNova, he may become disenchanted with Stars and move his play elsewhere.

The key, I think to Stars is to retain these high volume players and under the present system, there are some pitfalls which could hurt this retention.

For example, the PCA in January takes a week of play away, and then if a player had other personal reasons he could not play that much in January, he might fall off as a SuperNova and you then might lose him to some other site.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:07 AM

Default Re: rebuy tournaments

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with most of MicroBob's suggestions.

In particular, certain aspects of rebuy tournaments need tweaking; playing a rebuy tournament is very frustrating because of the following:

-- After you bust out, it's difficult to get in two rebuys before the next hand starts. The software should give you three options: double rebuy, single rebuy, or leave tournament.

-- If two or more players bust out on the same hand, the software goes to each of them one by one asking if they want to rebuy. This slows the game down and it screws things up if you try to rebuy before the software "officially" asks you to. The players who busted out should be asked simultaneously about rebuying.

-- Suppose I have 1525 chips. I call the big blind in a multiway pot, but then fold on the flop, while the hand continues with other players. Now my stack is 1475, so I should be able to rebuy. But the software won't allow me to until the hand is complete. Very frustrating!

-- Frequently I forget to add on. Usually what happens is, the hand will end at my table but I can't add on until other tables are finished, so I'll bring up Firefox or something to pass the time, and then before I know it the break is over and I've missed the add-on. One way to fix it would be to have a dialog box pop up on my screen, saying "do you wish to add on? yes/no".

[/ QUOTE ]

I especially agree with adding the "double rebuy/single rebuy" popup, and the "add on? y/n" popup.

I play mostly rebuys and both these features would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FPP ring games.

[/ QUOTE ]

And spread them on TestPokerStars.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:28 PM

Default Re: rebuy tournaments

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, good additions that occured to me shortly after making that post.

Arrgh, arrrgh, arrgh is it really freaking frustrating EVERY time I try to rebuy and it tells me I can't do it.
Well, I have ZERO freaking chips, the hand is over, we're waiting on some other guy to rebuy. What it should really tell me is that "it's not your turn yet to get to rebuy".

It is definitely SUPER slow and impacts the numbers of hands you get, especially in a turbo (satellite or regular MTT).

In a live tournament, when two people are at zero (or are simply below the thresh-hold) they can both just say, "rebuy" and they both get to do just that. They don't get told, "Wait, we have to process this guy's rebuy first. Wait your turn."

Regarding the double-rebuys:
Sometimes I can click it fast enough to get in both rebuys before the next hand is dealt.

The other day, I just missed making it so I only had $1k in chips when I got my AA and 2 others all-in with me.
Arrrgh, a triple-up with $2k would have been much nicer than a triple-up with $1k.
And the only reason why I didn't get that was because I just wasn't fast enough to click 'rebuy' 'purchase $1k chips for $10' the 'ok' box to confirm that I really did get a rebuy, and then go back to the chip-tray to get ANOTHER rebuy.

Lots of buttons for one silly rebuy. And having to do all that twice REALLY fast to try to get it before the next hand is dealt is pretty difficult sometimes.

One more time though because I feel I have been overly-critical lately: I very much heart stars a ton and am super-thankful for the extra FPP's we get now.
And am also glad that I don't have any doubts about whether these suggestions are being read or not (opposite of our party complaints threads where we were pretty sure our suggestions meant absolutely nothing).