grind 2/4 - 5/10 SH min bet hold them 20 5.43%
shortstack wherever HIV is 96 26.09%
PPBJ 82 22.28%
BASTARD 67 18.21%
Voters: 368. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Very good then very bad then back to v v v good

[ QUOTE ]
7. then she looks at me with her big beautiful blue eyeballs and says "Are you going to hurt me again? Because if so put me in a cab."
8. Into the cab she goes, crying.
9. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I suck.

[/ QUOTE ] this made me lol.

[ QUOTE ]
12. Things start to get a little blue around 5am
13. full blown raging phone sex
14. She's never done it before but manages to shock me a couple of times. Keep in mind that we haven't actually f--ked yet...so my imagination is driving me nuts.

[/ QUOTE ] i see you're using diebitter's system of waiting until 4:21. good work.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

About smart chicks, you should ask dbz I guess, but I've found that it helps if you play up your own dumbness in a funny way that makes them feel like you're not intimidated.

[/ QUOTE ]

this and the other stuff you said is true

also, if you are able to ask smart questions, that is huge... in other words listen to what they have to say and then ask a meaningful question that shows you understood and is in a direction that is new and fresh w/o coming off as arrogant or show offy - it's pretty [censored] hard, but often just listening, contributing random non arrogant stuff not being intimidated, and not starting to try and one up them will go a long way

yeah experience stuff is cool... basically anything that is different and unique to you that is outside their sphere is good, so something that makes you attractive / unique / whatever / w/o her being able to compare you one to one with her or looking like you want to compare yourself one to one with her

also, one thing you should keep in mind is that there are more people who look dumb but are smart than people who look smart but are dumb
Old 10-22-2007, 04:28 AM

Just talked to my date on the phone for approximately 3.5 hours. I suck at flirting so we were talking about a lot of random stuff (although I am good at sarcastically poking fun at her about a lot of stuff, which kinda works), but occasionally I made some overtly sexual comments which she didn't respond negatively to. For example, I was like "yeah I woke up at 2pm today" and she said she hasn't done that in years since she's always so busy, so I said I'd have to show her what it's like some time and she said "how do you plan to do that?" and I said "hmm...probably have to drug you" and she said "how?" and I said "i'll probably walk up to you and ask 'does this napkin smell like chloroform?'" and she lollerskated for like 30 seconds, so thanks BBV. After that it was "welll don't be getting any ideas about showing me on Sunday, I have to study on Monday" and I was like "well yeah I kinda have a job to go to on Monday, I have engagements too ldo" but the way that conversation turned out kinda gave me the impression like she isn't necessarily opposed to me spending the night on Sunday.

I'm not really all that focused on whether I do or not, as it's pretty clear we're both interested in each other already and that's fine at this point, it's just nice to get signs like that.

Also, 2+2er and friends are apparently having a big Halloween party on Saturday night which she's gonna be at, so I'll prob attend and hang out with her then as well. If so, dare I put moves on her at the party? Or should I wait for our date? I probably expect to make out with her at the least whenever I see her next and we get a moment to ourselves.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:54 AM

omg what????

if you guys are both at the party and you DONT put the moves on her you have failed and your date will go nowhere. I'm not saying treat this like a date, BUT at some point in the party you have to get her alone and go for a kiss.

So to recap:

Don't try to hang out with her. Say hi, talk to your friends, talk to other chicks, chat lightly with her about whatever (DO NOT TALK ABOUT YOUR DATE) then later on, wait til she's gone on the porch or is waiting for the bathroom alone, then move in with the cloroform joke (change it up a little bit, like, "Excuse me, but you have any cloroform I can borrow?" or "Does this rag smell like vodka? I was out of cloroform..." Then take her off somewhere semi-private (a walk?) and move in. Then go back to the party, unless she's really responsive. You don't want to seem like youre cornering her but you also don't want to be some pussy that won't finish the deal.

Talking on the phone for hours is a dangerous thing dude, I hope you realize you're going against Doctor's orders...you need to be able to connect face to face, not on the phone. Real life, remember? where the bodies are?
Old 10-22-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
7. then she looks at me with her big beautiful blue eyeballs and says "Are you going to hurt me again? Because if so put me in a cab."
8. Into the cab she goes, crying.
9. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I suck.

[/ QUOTE ] this made me lol.

[ QUOTE ]
12. Things start to get a little blue around 5am
13. full blown raging phone sex
14. She's never done it before but manages to shock me a couple of times. Keep in mind that we haven't actually f--ked yet...so my imagination is driving me nuts.

[/ QUOTE ] i see you're using diebitter's system of waiting until 4:21. good work.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to make it clear I don't use this system myself, because I'm not a wet-end pussy nerd faj Erectile Diss Functioners. It's really the backup system for W-E.P.N.F.EDFers, and I posted it in the hope it might slow down the W-E.P.N.F.EDFer posts.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:19 PM

when i read that first line goofy, i said to myself, 'oh no, here we go again'.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:29 PM

3.5 hours... wow. You are well on your way to become her new best girlfriend.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

also, if you are able to ask smart questions, that is huge... in other words listen to what they have to say and then ask a meaningful question that shows you understood and is in a direction that is new and fresh w/o coming off as arrogant or show offy - it's pretty [censored] hard, but often just listening, contributing random non arrogant stuff not being intimidated, and not starting to try and one up them will go a long way

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I said something like that before and got ripped apart [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

But yeah, seriously, being smart is overrated. Give me a guy who's funny with some common sense and knows what's up. Sure it's nice if he's read some books, seen some plays, but I far from expect it (which I guess would then be a good way to surprise a girl if you do have this sort of knowledge to draw on hint hint).

I've known guys who have basically made me feel inferior about my intelligence, despite all evidence to the contrary, and that's just not cool. And then they'll be retarded in every other aspect of life. It's part of the reason I get so goddamn frustrated with people at this school - they know so much without knowing ANYTHING.

I don't know anything, but at least I know that I don't know anything.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:55 PM

Well, I hadn't talked to her since our first phone conversation and my 2+2 friend was like "well have you called her again?" and I said no and he said "JESUS WTF" and then once we get talking...I dunno, tough to stop!

GA, don't worry, making out is absolutely going to occur on Saturday.

Also, I came to work early today (which I NEVER do) to get a breakfast burrito cause it sounded tasty and the [censored] cafeteria is closed all day cause of a company-wide meeting. ASIHASIOPFHAIOPF
Old 10-22-2007, 01:12 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

a) nothing new to report. Been single for 2 months and have had sexytime once with an ex and it was beyond lame. I miss sex with someone im in love with [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

b) Goofy,

I feel like this girl is good for you. Don't overdo the same joke or anything, just go see her and be fun, kind nerdy goofyballer instead of serious goofyballer imo.

c) DBZ,

I think we guys are pretty much pulled in every direction wrt what girls "expect" us to be feeling. For example, girls seem to love when we guys make them feel "protected" but at the same time, we have to be very careful not to make the girl feel inferior by our instinct to be "protective"(which every girl i talk to says is something she certainly DOES want), and at the same time we have to be: funny, intelligent, etc etc...without seeming like we are TRYING to do those things and trying especially hard to make sure we dont make anyone feel inferior/weird/awkward/etc. At the same time we are expected to be listening so intently 24/7 that we will pick up on even the most subtle hints that a girl gives(this is good for birthday presents and stuff, my last gf was super into horses and blah blah blah and there was a company she always mentioned so i bought her some stuff from that company and she was apeshit happy).

I mean, I get your complaints wrt MIT guys, but I think girls should probably realize that a lot of us guys work really hard with girls, more often than not(at least in my case D for more than just trying to "get in their pants". Because I must say, from experiences, sex with someone you actually care about their happiness/pleasure is way way better than the alternative, as are your feelings afterwards. I'm sure MIT guys do actually suck a great deal, im just trying to illustrate how hard we guys have it in the same way you feel its super hard for girls.