Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: PS: 10 Billionth Hand Promo Details

[ QUOTE ]
How bad would it be to write a script that just clicks autofold?

[/ QUOTE ]
NL Bots on Full Tilt
Old 05-16-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if he was dealt in he should have gotten the bonus. doubt he folded the winning hand. of course you little 2x2 punks would take pleasure in making someone feel worse than he already did. there are lots of people 12 tabling and they could easily miss it.

grow up junior.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, I can about guarantee you are the "junior" here.

Secondly, who said anything about me or anyone else from 2+2 abusing the guy. Not likely every person that plays on Stars is a 2+2'er.

Thirdly, he was not 12 tabling the 2 cent tables. I expect he just screwed up.

And last of all, A/rag won the hand, so he easily could of won it and received $250 instead of $100.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My inclination right now is to avoid the rake altogether, which I guess means no higher than .25-.50--start paying at 1.00 right?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can play $100/$200 and if you are all on auto-fold mode there will be no rake.

The only rake you would pay would be if you actually hit the milestone, at which point you would have to enter the pot to be eligible for the prize.

The rake is a non-factor for wanting to do this.

antisocialgrace - No offense, but you don't seem to understand some of the nuances of the promotion.
I understand your enthusiasm for setting it up, but you may want to have someone who's more knowledgeable or has done it before take over the whole thing if you are able to find such a person.

Last year when we did it I believe it was orgniazed via the inernet-bonuses forum, not the internet-forum.
They might be talking about it over there already I suspect. Wouldn't hurt to check. I-bonuses types are the most likely to be into this type of thing anyway.

I neglected to mention in my previous post that I really don't think you're increasing your chances THAT significantly by auto-folding as opposed to just 12 tabling semi-normally.
Maybe a little bit. But certainly not triple as I thought someone had mentioned earlier.

The pause between hands is too long.
So it's not like you're going to get so many extra bites at it within that 10k hand window when it's coming.

But it's kind of fun to do it and you can rest assured that your chances might be improved by a tad.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:36 PM

I plan on sitting at 12 .01/.02 NL 6 max tables leading up to the 10billionth hand and spamming the chat to let the other donks know what they should be doing (ie folding everything close to the milestone) i hope it works! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2007, 07:11 PM

I think the best thing to do for an organized fold-a-thon is to play 1/2 PLO8 6max. A hi-lo game would make the possibilty for a split pot, and thus reduce variance a little. These are low-traffic games, so getting on a table without anyone else interfering would be pretty easy if we did it fast. We would all buyin for the minimum of $40, and if we get the milestone hand, have an allin preflop flipament. Or we could agree to check it down, I don't care.

If anyone wants to do this, PM me.

Actually, I think it'd be fun to do even for the regular milestone hands.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My inclination right now is to avoid the rake altogether, which I guess means no higher than .25-.50--start paying at 1.00 right?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can play $100/$200 and if you are all on auto-fold mode there will be no rake.

The only rake you would pay would be if you actually hit the milestone, at which point you would have to enter the pot to be eligible for the prize.

antisocialgrace - No offense, but you don't seem to understand some of the nuances of the promotion.
I understand your enthusiasm for setting it up, but you may want to have someone who's more knowledgeable or has done it before take over the whole thing if you are able to find such a person.

Last year when we did it I believe it was orgniazed via the inernet-bonuses forum, not the internet-forum.
They might be talking about it over there already I suspect. Wouldn't hurt to check. I-bonuses types are the most likely to be into this type of thing anyway.

I neglected to mention in my previous post that I really don't think you're increasing your chances THAT significantly by auto-folding as opposed to just 12 tabling semi-normally.
Maybe a little bit. But certainly not triple as I thought someone had mentioned earlier.

So it's not like you're going to get so many extra bites at it within that 10k hand window when it's coming.

But it's kind of fun to do it and you can rest assured that your chances might be improved by a tad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I thought blinds were included in rake calculation. That is intriguing. I'm still a little leery of auto-fold, I won't say why in here.

I think the other guys have shoved me to the curb lol, so I won't need to heed the bit about orchestrating anything myself.

Right now I'm picking up the FPP I want for the Sunday Million satellites multi-tabling the mid micros, top priority.

Your mailbox is full I think.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked the other forum and the thread about auto-folding was immediately deleted by the moderator. He claims it's collusion and won't permit any such conversation until he hears back from Poker Stars.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I thought blinds were included in rake calculation.

[/ QUOTE ]
No flop, no drop, right? Maybe also some pot-size minimum to trigger the rake that's not met by just the blinds (probably not the case at 100/200).
Old 05-17-2007, 12:35 AM

what qualifies as micro or low levels for the milesone hand bonus? I figured it would correspond to the buttons at the top, but .10/.25NL is micro and the winner got $500 which is the amount for "low" not "micro"
Old 05-17-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what qualifies as micro or low levels for the milesone hand bonus? I figured it would correspond to the buttons at the top, but .10/.25NL is micro and the winner got $500 which is the amount for "low" not "micro"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they add on the VIP bonus to that number.