Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Peer to Peer transfer NET who do U trust ?

Post count minimum 1000, reg date 3 months out, and ban all Paypal transfers. Besides, Paypal for poker site transfers is a grey area legally.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i dont see how using paypal would be considered scamming. Ive been playing poker online for years, used firepay, then neteller, and for a while full tilt was accepting my visa debit but now it isnt. I refuse to use epassporte it is a horrible alternative to neteller which was actually pretty good. So paypal is my only option and im just lookin for a way to deposit

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't take it personally, it has nothing to do with you. People are suspicious of Paypal because there's a chance they can be reversed.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:13 PM

so what do you suggest besides epassporte? ive heard people were using visa gift cards but now theyre not working?? i play 1/2NL in ac all the time and i just think its hillarious how its so hard to put 50$ online now just for something to do when im bored at night
Old 06-18-2007, 10:19 PM

imagine how frustrating it is knowing you can make good money but cant deposit to get any of it!
Old 06-18-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
imagine how frustrating it is knowing you can make good money but cant deposit to get any of it!

[/ QUOTE ]

are visa cards still working for the U.S. residents? I used my visa the other day and it worked fine but I'm not from US. This does suck if you have no way to make deposits.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:28 PM

i agree w/ a post count min, but not 1000, id say 350 and ban paypal.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Post count minimum 1000, reg date 3 months out, and ban all Paypal transfers. Besides, Paypal for poker site transfers is a grey area legally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why 1000 post mininum? I only have 150 posts, but i have been around for 2 years! On the other hand 3 months is not very long at all. Some noob could come in here and post 50 posts a day for 3 months and qualify, yet a long time 2+2 member like me would be outta luck.

Seems like 1 year and 100-300 posts would be a better idea.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:56 PM

I think banning paypal is retarded. It's an easy way to deposit and withdraw. Ive done thousands of both with no problem.If you get scammed it's your own fault, no one elses.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:02 PM

If anyone wants to trade up to $500 on AP, Vegas 24/7 (AP skin), Stars, or Epassporte, PM me.

Similar to other posters, you send first but I'll only charge 3% vig. I'm reputable and have traded successfully here and have been a longtime 2p2 member.

I can go from any of the sites to the others if you need it, just PM me.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you really want to stop scamming ban all paypal transfers. No serious poker player/nonscammer is going to trade paypal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

I'm not sure that we have heard of one Paypal scam within this thread. That's not to say that there won't be one round the corner, and I am certainly not 100% au fait with Paypal rules, but I have been assuming people have been, say, selling and recording the sale of unique poems or paintings to the Paypal person to legitimise the payment and avoid later cancellation.

The alleged scams we have heard of have been simply that the person who received first supposedly didn't complete his part of the deal.

With regard to people's post counts and date of registration, I agree it seems likely that some people will join the site just to try a quick scam, but the vast majority are merely new to the pokerworld and this site, and I feel it is unfair to exclude them because of a few bad eggs in their "group". The long-time posters here should have the wit to ask the noobs to transfer first. The noobs should only deal with the long-timers. If noobs want to deal with noobs, then they need to take more care in obtaining full real life information; checking the other guy can sit at a table with the money involved; only transferring in small chunks; etc; etc.
Closed Thread