Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2006, 03:31 AM

Default Re: iWitness v2

goodguy,

I'm afraid there's there's no easy solution/quick hack or anything.
I'd like to re-write iWitness, but it's just so frustrating... I fear that no matter what I do, there's always going to be a (rather large [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) group of people it won't work for. Besides, I'm already working on way to many other projects...
Sorry it's such a nightmare [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Have you tried SafeMine btw?
Old 08-25-2006, 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] no I havent I'll check it out thanks
Old 08-25-2006, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
goodguy,

I'm afraid there's there's no easy solution/quick hack or anything.
I'd like to re-write iWitness, but it's just so frustrating... I fear that no matter what I do, there's always going to be a (rather large [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) group of people it won't work for. Besides, I'm already working on way to many other projects...
Sorry it's such a nightmare [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep I have to agree with Roland 100%. After looking into it more, it seems that whatever method is used to open the tables their will always be times when it seems to fail (it seems to be a limitation of AHK, just as WinClose doesn't always seem to work).

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2006, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep I have to agree with Roland 100%. After looking into it more, it seems that whatever method is used to open the tables their will always be times when it seems to fail (it seems to be a limitation of AHK, just as WinClose doesn't always seem to work).

[/ QUOTE ]

The main problem, of course, is that we have to use simulated keystrokes to select rows in the Listview (especially problematic with the buggy client).
Built-in support for selecting items in external Listviews (without keystrokes of course) is planned I believe, but probably not very high priority.
IIRC, Chris said it could be done using DllCall, but you'd have to use some kind of a terribly complex method (edit: link). I briefly researched it, but was completely lost.

I think if I re-write it I''ll try something similar to wat SixthSense does (slowly scrolling through the list one by one... don't know how they do it, but it seems to work very well). I think that might prevent the Listview from becoming unresponsive, as it apparently does for a lot of people.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The main problem, of course, is that we have to use simulated keystrokes to select rows in the Listview (especially problematic with the buggy client).
Built-in support for selecting items in external Listviews (without keystrokes of course) is planned I believe, but probably not very high priority.
IIRC, Chris said it could be done using DllCall, but you'd have to use some kind of a terribly complex method (edit: link). I briefly researched it, but was completely lost.

I think if I re-write it I''ll try something similar to wat SixthSense does (slowly scrolling through the list one by one... don't know how they do it, but it seems to work very well). I think that might prevent the Listview from becoming unresponsive, as it apparently does for a lot of people.

[/ QUOTE ]

have you tried having it select the limit in the tree, sort it by pot size, and use the arrows to select the tables and press enter? it can just hit enter on the first N tables that have the required number of players.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

have you tried having it select the limit in the tree, sort it by pot size, and use the arrows to select the tables and press enter? it can just hit enter on the first N tables that have the required number of players.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's pretty much what SafeMine does (and Roland's original iWitness V1), but their is still a chance that the list changes while in the middle of an operation (and it can take ages to get to the top of the list view sending UP_ARROW keys on some of the lower limits).

I did try to reduce the problems by creating the table list from only tables I can see are open and not what I expect to be open, but this itself causes other problems bc of the lagg time between opening a table and seeing it appear (thus the need to have the table list correct itself for duplicate table periodically).

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2006, 01:51 PM

Been using iWitness for about a couple of weeks after learning about it here. Works great for me when I initially run it to get some Party tables open for datamining, but when I let it run overnight there are no tables open in the a.m. when there are some in the Party lobby that meet my iWitness criteria. What's up with that? Thanks...
Old 09-03-2006, 02:25 PM

Hey, thanks for the program.

I had no problems installing it, but I have a problem running the program. When I set my settings under the 'group' tab, I then opened empire poker to start the program. Unfortanately, it says 'You didn't creat any rules! go back to groups and set your settings' when I hit go.

Any ideas?
Old 09-03-2006, 11:06 PM

Thanx u Ronald the problem is solve~ but now i facing another problem

PP will always pop-up a error message say
the table is unavaible to open!

after this the iWitness v2 will hang on not going to open any SNG table !
Old 09-08-2006, 07:53 AM

did u guys have any problem when using it on the upgraded PP Lobby~ ??????