Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: PGA Championship Thread

Euro,

I was letting people know they could ignore me, not you.

These major championship threads are here for us to give our thoughts about the tournament, and to also say how we feel while the rounds are being played.

When Tiger [censored] something up, I get pissed. So I type a few [censored] [censored] [censored] posts every once in a while. Big deal. Perhaps I should join in on the next argument about whether or not Jim Nantz sucks instead. (which he most certainly does)

It's not like I go around to EVERY thread shouting how great Tiger is.

tdk,

Yes, I am insane. And no, I don't have anything else to get excited about except for that one putt.

(I hope you realize how stupid that statement is. So basically if YOU were to get chills about some moment in sports, that would be all YOU had to be excited about? Insult me all you want, but at least come with something better than that, lol.)

All,

Tiger's ball was going out of bounds on the 18th hole that day, but I helped a brother out. I've apparently gotten away with it, in spite of all the cameras. (Which includes a blimp with full overhead view.) Oddly enough, nobody must have seen me do it! Surely if they had, at least one of them would grab there 15 minutes of fame and tell someone about it.
So far so good [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2007, 08:59 PM

are you guys talking about the same shot that tiger hooked way left and started "bouncing" down the cart path like 100 yards farther down the course on a delay when it was destined to be in huge trouble after it was pretty obvious that some clown threw it down the path?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you guys talking about the same shot that tiger hooked way left and started "bouncing" down the cart path like 100 yards farther down the course on a delay when it was destined to be in huge trouble after it was pretty obvious that some clown threw it down the path?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:56 PM

Anyone watch PTI today and hear the junk Austin was spewing? According to the show, Austin was telling everyone that he played better than Tiger on Sunday, and he was better than Tiger on Friday, tee to green. It was just his nerves that kept him from closing the deal. Wilbon absolutely destroyed him after those comments. Anyone hear them live?
Old 08-13-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone watch PTI today and hear the junk Austin was spewing? According to the show, Austin was telling everyone that he played better than Tiger on Sunday, and he was better than Tiger on Friday, tee to green. It was just his nerves that kept him from closing the deal. Wilbon absolutely destroyed him after those comments. Anyone hear them live?

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw but I'd love to watch that.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:16 PM

All I could find so far was this little blurb...

Woody Austin said after his 3-under 67 final round at the PGA Championship that he played better than Tiger Woods on Sunday and that he thought that he played better tee to green on Friday. In response, Mike Wilbon said on Pardon the Interruption on ESPN, "I find him to be another fool on the PGA Tour who is not man enough to say, ‘when beaten, I was beat.’…He’s a fool…Golf is supposed to be a gentleman’s game about sportsmanship and the PGA right now seems sorely lacking, Tony...See, I liked Woody going in when he said, ‘I’m going out there today, and I’m going to play great.’ And he did, he did. So be a man and say you’ve been beat."

lmao
Old 08-13-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw them. He had a similar presser on Saturday as well. Frankly, he was pretty awesome, and people on a poker forum should love it if they see it live. He essentially called variance on Tiger's Friday 63, essentially suggesting that he luckboxed his way there and shot for shot he didn't play as good as the score indicated.

He also on Saturday shredded reporters for the double standard in dealing with Tiger relative to everyone else. "If Tiger slams his club down, he's got competitive fire, if I do it, I'm a loose cannon". Stuff like that.

There were a few comments that indicated that Woody doesn't really "get it", but frankly, overall, his comments were pretty awesome. His whole bit about how he tried to whoop up the crowd to make more noise when he made his back-9 run in order to "let Tiger know there was someone else out there doing stuff" was pretty awesome. I wish there was more of it and really loved his whole act this weekend. Hell of a lot better than Ernie before Sunday's round saying he'd "bet his house" on Tiger.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:39 PM

Are the pressers on the Golf Channel? I've got to remember to turn the channel and watch those if that's the case...
Old 08-13-2007, 11:45 PM

I watched all of Woody's pressers and sure don't remember him saying he played better on Friday than Tiger did. He did say that about Sunday's round which was an accurate statement.

I too found the majority of his comments right on, especially about the temper aspect. For those who don't know, Tiger gets fined more than any one else on tour for bad language. Now that's really no big deal IMO, you have to care in order to have that drive so long as you don't go Pat Perez or anything.

TV always replays Woody bending his putter over on his head. If they wanted, a great video of Tiger losing his cool could easily be put together. But the only one they ever show is Tiger hitting it in the ocean on 18 at Pebble in round 2 of the 2000 U.S. Open.

Regardless, Woody played a tremendous tournament and I think everybody involved is pleased that he made the President's Cup team. His statements were pretty much spot on.

And Wilbon knows absolutely nothing about golf. I watch PTI frequently and laugh most of the time when he tries to pontificate on the sport.

BO
Old 08-13-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are the pressers on the Golf Channel? I've got to remember to turn the channel and watch those if that's the case...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. The Golf Channel had wire to wire press conference coverage.