Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: O/U on Number of current/ future felons playing in this game.
over 13 14 66.67%
13 or Under 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Restaurant refuses to sing happy bday to 6 yr old

Over-reacting. Just take the kid to Denny's for dessert and let them sing to him there.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you [censored], just sing to the kid yourself. there's three adults and a bunch of kids, just sing it yourself. and probably someone would join in who was sitting near you, and the kid wouldn't know the difference. if the manager got [censored] with you over it, who gives a [censored]?

also, i think that young childrens b-day parties belong at chucky cheese, not a middle class mexican food place.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT. /thread.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Wow, its funny you think you know us so well we wouldn't have made the extra effort for the kids bday. Its not like the next Mexican restaurant was an hour away, there are 3 (Chili's, Cancun Charlies, and On the Border) literally all within 10 minutes. I don't get why people think getting back in a car and driving a few extra minutes is so unbelievable. I find it unbelievable that people wouldn't make this slight extra effort for their own children.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the case why wouldn't you go to the chain place to begin with? Despite my small sample size of eating at places like On the Border and Chili's, I can say they definitely sing and clap for peoples birthday. I have much more experience eating small independently owned restaurants and can't remember ever seeing the whole birthday production at that type of place. Seems like if the kid's sole desire is to have people make a big deal about his birthday, I'm going for the sure thing.

The guy who said you will get taken better care of the more you spend is 100% accurate. I used to take excellent care of all my customers but if you think the two ladies going dutch gets as much attention as the table full of lawyers pounding scotch and apps, you really have no grasp of the service industry.

Also FYI: No waiter I ever worked with actually liked tables with children, although most of my experience was considerably more upscale than the places mentioned in this thread.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:28 PM

go to a childrens reastaurant for ur 6 yeyar old kids bday not an upscale reastuarant and then get upset when they say they are not going to sing for the little kid. Its a restuarant not some little kids playground. Nothing is more annoying then when im eating and talking with someone and then i have to hear a stupid bday crap song ruin my conversation
Old 07-09-2007, 04:31 PM

Wow, what a succinct and thorough summary of the issues and refutation of the OP's platform plank by plank. If you read this entire thread, as I'm sure you did, no one even comes close to making similar points, much less with such eloquence. Did you debate in college? Thread over I guess.

On a completely unrelated note - is reading comprehension just a lost art anymore?
Old 07-09-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, what a succinct and thorough summary of the issues and refutation of the OP's platform plank by plank. If you read this entire thread, as I'm sure you did, no one even comes close to making similar points, much less with such eloquence. Did you debate in college? Thread over I guess.

On a completely unrelated note - is reading comprehension just a lost art anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]

no i dont feel like spending 4 hours to read 38 pages like some people do
Old 07-09-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have grown convinced that it is.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:01 PM

suzzler,

You obviously aren't familiar with Cortz's body of work. If you were, you would ignore him. He's a Dead Man Posting.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:02 PM

It's not the kids fault, but I always found it odd that a bunch of adults are forced to act like dancing monkeys to make a kid happy.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:03 PM

Hah. Actually I misread that he had 1100 posts or so until you said that. Yeah < 200 posts making a ridiculous one I generally just ignore. Maybe we should start a best of Cortz thread.