Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 01:29 AM

Default Re: What would you do about Virginia Tech?

Short Dutch video about gun laws and VT (including me):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u39mNYM2WgQ
Old 04-19-2007, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We can cite statistics about accidental shootings, mass murder, and the EU all day long. At the end of the day, all you have to do is consider the following:

You are in a room where dozens of people have just been executed by a suicidal nutjob. You're next in line. In your final moments, are you comforted by the fact that, by carrying a gun, the shooter is breaking the law? Are you comforted by the fact that the other victims waiting in line aren't breaking the law?

[/ QUOTE ]

Appeal to emotion. Nice work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Had an impact on you too, huh? I thought it was a wonderful post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or a just a pile of logical fallacy. Either/or really.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where's the fallacy? He just asked a question.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:49 AM

Default <Sigh>

First, a point you chose to ignore, is I stated this scenario is not likely.....But it made me wonder based on his anti-rich ramblings.

When I was in the army. I tried to get stationed in South Korea. Before I made that decision, I talked to as many fellow soldiers as I could to find out what South Korea was like. I was amazed at the stories of North Korean tunneling under the DMZ and North Korean inflitration on army bases (specifically propaganda pamplets being planted inside armored vehicles). There is a lot of pro and anti-american sentiment in South Korea. Some of this anti-american sentiment is sponsored by North Korea. It is not a big stretch to wonder if Cho's parents could have anti-american sentiments. After all, a naturalize American citizen was recently arrested for spying for China. So choosing to live in the USA does not mean you like the USA... Shooting from the hip, I would say 55% of the South likes the USA and 45% hates the USA. Just watch a few anti-American riots on the "World's Most Shocking Videos' and watch the extremes that anti-American South Koreans will go to.

As for Cho, like most children, his parent intill values in him. If his parents were North Korean sympathizers (or anti american), then those values would have been taught to him. His anti-rich rantings had to come from somewhere and I suspect this came from his parents... There are a lot of South Koreans that see the North as an eccentric brother that needs to be treated with kindness but those evil racist Americans are treating their northern brothers badly... If it were up to me, I would pull the 2nd Infantry divison out of South Korea and send them to Iraq. South Korea is not worthy enough to be an ally of the USA.

Anyway, my original post was shooting from the hip. I already stated that there is little evidence to support this hypothesis.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Short Dutch video about gun laws and VT (including me):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u39mNYM2WgQ

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent