Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Sklansky bucks calculator (php script)

[ QUOTE ]
Feu:

Check the "ETW" box, this tells you what you were "supposed" to win, then compare it to the green line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aha, cool, thank you.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:47 PM

I'm having a bit of trouble interpreting the graph. Is it possible to have the green line be higher than the blue one? What does having the green line being massivly lower indicate? That I lose a fuckton of money when the money goes in on the river?
Old 05-15-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible to have the green line be higher than the blue one?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, and the more aggressive players will tend to have a closer match. Very tight/conservative players will have a strong Sklansky(red) line, but will lose a fortune by folding too much. This is reflected by the green line lagging way below the blue.

Here's a sample of a different looking graph. This is from last year when I played super LAG low stakes PL Omaha/8 where semibluffing is the main profit component (hands are in thousands):

Old 05-15-2007, 11:39 PM

Phil,

will you include a sort of tutorial or explanation of what we're looking at in beta or beyond? There are just so many things to look at I really want to have a better understanding of what I should be able to interpret.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, and the more aggressive players will tend to have a closer match. Very tight/conservative players will have a strong Sklansky(red) line, but will lose a fortune by folding too much. This is reflected by the green line lagging way below the blue.

Here's a sample of a different looking graph. This is from last year when I played super LAG low stakes PL Omaha/8 where semibluffing is the main profit component (hands are in thousands)

[/ QUOTE ]
So this graph probably means I have some massive weak tight leaks? Last month have been the most frustrating ever in my poker career, and I hope this might teach me something I'm just not sure what. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Anyways, love your program.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil,
will you include a sort of tutorial or explanation of what we're looking at in beta or beyond? There are just so many things to look at I really want to have a better understanding of what I should be able to interpret.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's one of the things that's taking so much time to do.

A lot of people don't realize it at first, but the power of the program is in the filters. For example, to examine all of your C-bets, select the following filters:

All your data is now filtered for C-bets, your graphs are of your C-bets, as are the tables and stats. It basically gives you the ability to break down your game and get hard to find information that doesn't exist in PokerTracker. And the EV adjustment means that you can get meaningful information on these situations in a far smaller number of hands - for example, you could be playing a perfect strategy with your flush draws, but just running bad.

At the moment you have to do the legwork for this, selecting filters and comparing stats, but I'll be automating much of this stuff and adding a heap of stats. That's what I'm working on right now, along with finishing off the hand history replayer and adding the "luck metrics".
Old 05-16-2007, 12:20 AM

I run bad?

How do you interpret this stuff?
Old 05-16-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a sample of a different looking graph. This is from last year when I played super LAG low stakes PL Omaha/8 where semibluffing is the main profit component (hands are in thousands):

[/ QUOTE ]
At the end of the graph you have a sudden "dip" in your Sklansky winnings - is this because you were semi-bluffing much more towards the end (higher variance for green/blue too) and your Sklansky winnings went down because of the times you got caught bluffing?

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2007, 12:25 AM

sooo, i ran bad at the start... and now im too passive?

Old 05-16-2007, 04:35 AM

5/10. Ran hot!

10/20. This one looks very nasty.

This is at the site 'everest poker'. In my PT it says I'm up about $27k at 5/10 and down $10.5k at 10/20. Shouldn't the green bar be higher in both graphs?

edit: does this mean i'm down 25k in sklansky bucks at 10/20 in all-in situations or what? And what is the graph for c-bets supposed to look like? I'm down a lot in that one. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]