bet/3b 5 41.67%
check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1375095

I think turn is a bet and river is a check or a fold.

Orrrr, if we think villian is that tight (8 tabling 35/15 reg) then flop is a check.

What it do?

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

the reason you checked the turn was so he would bet the river, call now. bet if he checks
Old 08-15-2007, 07:52 PM

doc,

Right, I agree. Is bet/folding the turn and folding or checking behind on the river a better/worse line than check then call or bet?

Yugoslav
Old 08-15-2007, 07:57 PM

Btw when I came up with ranges I had a lot more in villian's range for after the flop. Like AK, AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ, KTs, QJs, JTs, QTs, AA-77. And it seems to me most of the hands in that range that are ahead of hero raise the flop. This is also what lead me to think that betting the turn for value may work as well and safely folding to a river that hits him.

Yugoslav
Old 08-15-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1375095

I think turn is a bet and river is a check or a fold.

Orrrr, if we think villian is that tight (8 tabling 35/15 reg) then flop is a check.

What it do?

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

35/15 isn't tight. Bet flop and turn.

The only reason to check the turn is if he raises UTG light, floats light, and is almost always going to make a big bluff at the river if you check.

If villian is tight, bet the flop anyway. He will likely float a cbet with a lower pair and that is the best spot for any value. If villian is super-tight, bet flop anyway. He'll fold, but he won't give you any more money unless he outdraws you. There are a lotta guys that are very tight preflop, but not so much postflop though, so look out.

River is kinda hard. 35/15 isn't hugely aggro and his range for a UTG raise may not be huge.

There aren't very many hands for him to bluff that didn't either get there or hit something that would have likely have him wanting to show it down.

I think a river call is a little -EV unless you put him on a pretty wide range for calling your 3 bet preflop. He needs to have a fair amount of bluff hands in his range on the river. It's also not a real nice flop for him to float many hands with.

Does he bet AJ or AT on the river? Does he float the flop with 88?

Probably a fold unless you know a little more about him, but you certainly can't fold this spot over and over to someone.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:28 PM

My first impression was definitely call on the river, but the T is kind of bad in that it either makes the straight or pairs a lot of his floating hands.

I think he will bluff almost every time he has air here, but if he doesn't make this largish bet with his weakly made hands I don't think there are enough bad hands to go around.

If you think he bets AJ or AT most of the time, it's a call for sure or if you think he can get to the river with air often enough.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:36 PM

Also, he's betting pot, so you know, people do all kinds of things, but is he betting that much to try to get value on any pair < K?
Old 08-15-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, he's betting pot, so you know, people do all kinds of things, but is he betting that much to try to get value on any pair < K?

[/ QUOTE ]

well its full tilt so hes prob just lazy
Old 08-15-2007, 09:04 PM

This is why cash is tougher than sngs, you need to know more than one's preflop tendencies.

People are trying figure out villain's postflop tendencies based on his 35/15 preflop styles. However, I've seen players like this with a post flop AF of 1 and others have an AF of 8.

So, it depends on what villain has.

As for the actual hand, preflop and flop aren't that interesting. Other than I'd raise more preflop. I used to always pot it. But, I've been experimenting with 3-betting smaller, but uping my 3-bet frequency.

Flop standard:

Turn: This is were reads come into play. How many streets of value do you expect to get from this guy? How aggro do you think he is?

Is he going to call 3-barrels here against the preflop raiser with KQ?

Will he bluff/vb thin if checked behind here?

Obviously you need to think about these things.

If you are not sure, I'd probably just take the line that has lots of value, but is also the easiest way to play the hand.

That is to b/f the turn. He'll probably call another barrel with KQ and this is where players love to c/r there KJ/JJ type hands. You are rarely getting c/r bluffed/vb by worse hands here, so folding isn't weak.

As played, the river is very tough. Doc is right in saying that you can call wider on the river here when you checked behind the turn, because you've up'd his bluff frequency. However, this is still an ugly turn. You can't rule out AQ, because people will get stubborn with a big A and a gut shot. Also, you are now only beating one K, that's KQ.

So, I don't mind a fold.

To the people saying he could have hands like AJ here. I don't think so. Most players don't vb very thin on the river. Thinking they do, is most likely a leak.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:47 PM

What do you guys do on this turn? Only have 25 hands with villain but he is 45/0 so far.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($10.15)
SB ($7.70)
BB ($4.20)
Hero ($13.70)
MP ($27.40)
CO ($1.70)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, BB calls $1.

Turn: ($2.85) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero???
Old 08-15-2007, 09:52 PM

Stallown3d,

Two fiddy.

edit: didn't notice his stack.

One fiddy.