FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is dumber?
The old lady 4 36.36%
The crook 2 18.18%
They are both equally unintelligent 5 45.45%
this space intentionally left blank 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2006, 09:09 AM

Default Re: Bots in PartyPoker\'s 6-max Limit games?

As computer processing power gets cheaper, these bots are only going to get better and more widespread.

The poker sites will have to take extremely active policing measures in order to keep the games from becoming so unprofitable it wont be worth it for me and you.
(the bots can work for 1 cent per 100.)

I think NL holdem will be the next step for bots. As limit is becoming saturated.

I don't think internet poker will die, but it will certainly become less profitable.

If a site does start actively searching for and banning botters, and heavily advertises that they are the #1 site at stopping bots, I believe that site will pick up alot of action.

I am a supernova at stars, and I would move instantly if a site made it as close to impossible as possible for botters.

Ray,

I don't think you've done anything wrong. There was a niche and you filled it. Kudos.

Your software is interesting, and I will be building a bot to play on sites where it is allowed.

I have more money to invest than the other botters, and more time. Surely with better technology and some good old fashioned know how, I can beat them right? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Maybe its a new game now where we play against bots, hopefully stars steps up and tries to stop it.

Also,

any response from party on the bot situation?
Old 11-18-2006, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FFS, the cold war ended 15 years ago... perhaps it's time some woke up to the fact that Russians (or Romanians, Latvians, Ukrainians, ...) are NOT ALL gangsters. They're human, just like you or me, and if they want to play poker then why should they be judged by the misdeeds of other's from their country?
Juk

[/ QUOTE ]
By creating sophisticated hand grabber code to circumvent Party's datamining bans, and releasing that code, your coding work and lack of foresight is directly responsible for the creation of some bots. See the thread in the software forum. I don't think you should be getting on your high horse.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Ray,

I don't think you've done anything wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

So encouraging people to use bots - encouraging people to collude using teaming software - writing bot software to facilitate cheating - supporting that s/w and adding updates and addons like universal screen scraping (which allows sophisticated hand grabbing anyway without freely available stuff like FPHG) - telling people how to run stealthily to avoid detection from systems poker sites use to stop cheaters - creating an online community to discuss how they can best cheat..

none of that is doing anything wrong???
Old 11-18-2006, 12:12 PM

Can online sites put it in their T&C so that it becommes illigal to use bots?
Old 11-18-2006, 02:20 PM

Regarding getting 20 of your college-buddies to do this for you.

I suspect that it's possible...but probably not necessarily as easy as some of you might think.

If I lived in a college-house with my buddies I don't think I could sell 20 of them on letting me use their name and whatever other info even if I promise that it wouldn't effect them anyway.
And if somebody else said they wanted to use my name and address to start a different neteller account so they could do this I would probably tell them to F-off.

So it's not all as cut-and-dried as some seem to think of, "Oh, I'll just get 20 friends to do this for me" because it just isn't that easy.

Regarding address verification before signing-up and playing, etc. This would REALLY hurt the number of people who are playing the games I suspect.

The convenience of being able to sign-up and play is the big attraction. And you can do it from your office or your study or whatever without even your wife knowing you are playing if you like.

New sign-ups would be significantly impacted if you made everyone fax their ID stuff before allowing them to play.

It still might be the best option and/or a necessary step. Just pointing out this rather obvious aspect.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:41 PM

just wanted to add some things here:

1) The guy who runs the bots from austrailia is a friend of mine. well not really a friend, but I MSN with him and I was his affiliate for his legit account before US ban.

2) He is originally from france, where apparently this bot was created. He did not run the bot until he moved to australia < a year ago.

3) He is a 2+2er who does not post very much at all anymore

4) The bot is not (to my knowledge) for sale.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Regarding getting 20 of your college-buddies to do this for you.

I suspect that it's possible...but probably not necessarily as easy as some of you might think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about college buddies, but online accounts are easy to obtain for a live player. Every live player knows dozens or hundreds of people who tried online poker for a few weeks/months and then abandoned it. They are often willing to let you use their dormant accounts for a few weeks for a couple of hundred bucks left in the account.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ray,

I don't think you've done anything wrong. There was a niche and you filled it. Kudos.

Your software is interesting, and I will be building a bot to play on sites where it is allowed.

I have more money to invest than the other botters, and more time. Surely with better technology and some good old fashioned know how, I can beat them right?

[/ QUOTE ]Just curious,what sites are bots allowed? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2006, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Regarding address verification before signing-up and playing, etc. This would REALLY hurt the number of people who are playing the games I suspect.

The convenience of being able to sign-up and play is the big attraction. And you can do it from your office or your study or whatever without even your wife knowing you are playing if you like.

New sign-ups would be significantly impacted if you made everyone fax their ID stuff before allowing them to play.

It still might be the best option and/or a necessary step. Just pointing out this rather obvious aspect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Address verification is no problem. Crypto are already doing this (although if their ID verificatios isn't good then the address verification doesn't matter. I don't know how their ID verification is though.) You can still play from you office. You just enter your home address when you create the account. Crypto have solved this. They send you a code to your home address as soon as you make your first deposit. It arrives within a few days. You can't withdraw before it arrives.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Address verification is no problem. Crypto are already doing this (although if their ID verificatios isn't good then the address verification doesn't matter. I don't know how their ID verification is though.) You can still play from you office. You just enter your home address when you create the account. Crypto have solved this. They send you a code to your home address as soon as you make your first deposit. It arrives within a few days. You can't withdraw before it arrives.

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably don't realize that it is not necessary for every bot account to be able to withdraw?... in fact it is very likely that an individual botter with many bots is using only a *very* small number of withdrawal accounts.

Also, postal drops and live answering services (that forward calls) covers alot of ground.

Personally, I believe there are several actions that the sites can take to be more proactive (rather than reactive) and make botting much harder, but it's not clear to me that any of the sites are truly interested in taking the necessary steps, at this time.