Have girlfriend/boyfriend 131 24.30%
Married 111 20.59%
Separated 1 0.19%
Divorced 10 1.86%
Widowed 3 0.56%
Voters: 539. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2006, 09:35 AM

Default Re: this chick is fat, yo

When I asked my wife to marry me, this was one of the things we talked about.

I told her I didn't care if she kept her last name, but that I had a real problem with hyphenating her last name. Either keep it the way it is, or take mine. Don't half-ass it.

She agreed, and took my last name. Hyphenated names are lame, for the most part.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:39 AM

Mr. Shajen,

I would tend to agree with that sentiment.

What about this: a friend of mine, his parents each kept their last names, and then their kids took the mom's name for their middle name, the dad's name for their last name. I thought that was interesting.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:41 AM

Madtown,

I don't see anything wrong with that at all.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When I asked my wife to marry me, this was one of the things we talked about.

I told her I didn't care if she kept her last name, but that I had a real problem with hyphenating her last name. Either keep it the way it is, or take mine. Don't half-ass it.

She agreed, and took my last name. Hyphenated names are lame, for the most part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shajen, We were talking about men taking the woman's name.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:48 AM

Gunny,

I have no idea what you're talking about. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2006, 11:28 AM

Ok...we can't insult the physical aspect of fat women. But what about the attitude? Seriously i'm a merchandiser for a large company and as i went into my first store to do orders and fill the account etc... This fat woman starts yelling at me to fix the shelf. It's not MY shelf, it's not MY job, but i usually fix what i can when i notice something is out of place. This obese woman demands that i fix it because she can't get her DIET drink down off the top shelf. She then proceeds to tell me about how she is unhappy with the service and my attitude (I was polite, apologetic when i really didn't need to be and referred to her in a formal manner the entire time). I also offer many alternatives to her problem after getting her items for her...such as telling her to ask someone in the store to get it for her or i can have my supervisor or someone higher up contact her if she'd like to make a suggestion about how to improve our company. She THEN starts bitching about how she could just walk her "heini" (?sp) (wtf i know, heini?) across the aisle and purchase another competitors diet product which is also made with the same ingredients (splenda). This woman is literally screaming at me, people are coming from aisles over wonder what the commotion is all about. It really pissed me off ( i normally don't let things like this get to me as i understand some people are not happy with themselves and thus vent frustrations out on everyone else...i use to be one of these people) as i've noticed lately that overwieght women seem to have a huge attitude problem. They have terrible tempers and are starving for attention. They get in my way intentionally and seem to be completely unaware of their surroundings as if in another world. Seriously, how can you not be cognizant of what's around you. I know that most woman want attention (not all so don't man-bash me for being a pig as i respect EVERYONE as equals until given a reason not to) but this overweight woman seemed to want to make a scene for no reason. I was actually very pissed at this. It was ridiculous. Fat women may not be the best looking things around, and may get bashed on a lot. But damn when your attitude is as [censored] as this womans you can only deserve it? Is this a vise versa type thing? Is the attitude caused by the male view of them (probably the answer most women will agree with as nothing is every anyone's fault)? Or is her weight problem caused by her poor sense of mind? Honestly this was pretty upsetting. She [censored] in my cheerios for no [censored] reason. Do any women believe that their attitudes may be a slight cause of the all the misogynistic remarks made by men? Or is it all just our faults for being small minded sperm machines who can only think with our members?

for you tl;dr guys...

Fat bitch insults me for no [censored] reason, screams at me etc...

I question the stability of the female mind and believe that it is slightly (not wholly as men are definetly responsible too) to blame for how misogynistic everyone thinks men are.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:00 PM

BadBeat,

I've come to the conclusion of Sound Body Sound Mind
Basically the health of our body is linked to the health of our mind. When you eat healthy, you are getting all the nutrients you need. But also when you exersize a good bit, you feel good about yourself. If I don't exersize I feel horrible. I figured out this was one of the causes that for my super depression last summer. Its not really fat women, you are going to run into more pissed off fat people than pissed off healthy people.

Melch
Old 05-18-2006, 12:24 PM

1) Why does this bother you so much? Seriously, so a bunch of 19 year old zit-faced nerds think a girl is fat. Who cares??
2) Your post won't really change anything. I appreciate it. But come on...this is OOT within 2p2. Cancer will be cured sooner.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:26 PM

I bet the zoophilia forum treats their women better.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think your experiences are a little skewed by Louisiana Law. Damn that Napoleonic code. A woman's name stays the same unless they go through formal procedures to get it changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Melch, even outside of LA women have to go through formal procedures to change their name. It's the same process anyone would use to change their name, regardless of reason.

Like my high school friend's mom who changed her name. She was born in the 40s and her parents named her "Gay." Yeah, well, times have changed and that's not such a good name for a straight woman who works in a prison.

But yes, the majority still take their husband's name. There are heated debates about this topic on the wedding forums. The feminist forums, however, don't give a [censored]. They say 'do what you want.' Which is what I did.

You know, maybe if Ed had a more interesting and rare last name, like dePhatsimo...