Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB
Brees @PIT 3 50.00%
Brady vs. NYJ 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2007, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Colts Pumping Artificial Noise into The Dome

Its also REALLY easy to ignore things like Mentors For Life and Big Brothers/Big Sisters and the Boys And Girls Club and FCA and Athletes in Action....

But hey, keep yelling about "homophobic hate groups". That's the easy way out, without doing any actual research.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's bad to attack people's character just because they're on the other side of a political issue

[/ QUOTE ]

but it's fine to attack someones character b/c he got pissed at someone else and didn't give him a great handshake?

and also, it's not just a political issue
Old 11-08-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's the easy way out, without doing any actual research.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to see all the research you've done on BB to determine his relative quality as a human being
Old 11-08-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's the easy way out, without doing any actual research.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to see all the research you've done on BB to determine his relative quality as a human being

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, a quick look to wikipedia shows no charitable activity, a messy divorce due to allegations he was cheating on his wife, but 3 children who seem to be mostly upstanding citizens.

I didn't say Belichick was a piece of garbage or anything, nor do his being caught cheating in the NFL, cheating on his wife, or lack of public charity say he is. However, when you choose to attack Tony Dungy for holding a certain religious view that he does not force on ANYBODY and ignore the good things he is doing, you're being completely unfair, or intentionally ignorant and dishonest.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It continues to astound me that Patriots fans are still indignant about their team getting caught cheating.

Each and every one of you is on RedBean's side of the Bonds threads, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I used to hate Bonds and think his record was tainted until the last year or so when I got smarter. This was before spygate too.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:13 PM

After a minute of thought, let's make an analagous post to the one you made about Dungy:

I guess if you consider cheating on your wife and being caught breaking NFL rules "classy" then, yeah, Bill Belichick is a [censored] saint.

See that? I can take some small issues, blow them completely out of proportion, and even possibly misrepresent him, and it sounds really freaking cool. Just like what you just did with Tony Dungy.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, when you choose to attack Tony Dungy for holding a certain religious view that he does not force on ANYBODY and ignore the good things he is doing, you're being completely unfair, or intentionally ignorant and dishonest.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you were gay and lived in the state of Indiana, I guarantee you wouldn't feel that way
Old 11-08-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
See that? I can take some small issues, blow them completely out of proportion, and even possibly misrepresent him, and it sounds really freaking cool. Just like what you just did with Tony Dungy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that both of these guys are perfectly flawed humans, just like everyone else
Old 11-08-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, when you choose to attack Tony Dungy for holding a certain religious view that he does not force on ANYBODY and ignore the good things he is doing, you're being completely unfair, or intentionally ignorant and dishonest.

[/ QUOTE ]

ORLY

Old 11-08-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you were gay and lived in the state of Indiana, I guarantee you wouldn't feel that way

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I have lived in Indiana for a long time. I'm not gay, but I can safely say that, as an intelligent human being, speaking at an event for a group that happens to be against gay marriage does not make Tony Dungy a bad person. He's well within his rights to have that opinion.

I don't agree with him on it either, but I'm not going to condemn a guy because his political beliefs don't exactly match mine. What I said was that you painted a completely unfair picture of him when you talked about "homophobic hate groups" and decided to ignore any good things he's done because they make your post that much more exciting.