Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Where Would You Go?
Olive Garden 47 66.20%
Chipotle 24 33.80%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Dating: If you\'re short, you better make $$$$$$$

6"3 and today i got pussy althought i make negative $ a year.
<3 my tall genes
Old 04-13-2007, 09:07 PM

Maybe I'm underestimating how much money plays a role in meeting women when you get older, but I feel as though some of you in this thread must just be social mutants. Around the time women are looking to settle down for relationships that will likely result in a rock, I can completely understand that they would be far more likely to discriminate based solely upon money/looks/whatever. But in the meantime, I think most women are willing to date almost any guy who can find it in himself to not be a douche for a few hours out of the day. I really don't think confidence is a euphemism for money a lot of the time. Also, I think it's ridiculous that whoever it was demands that women be honest about their money grubbing ways. While that's fair enough in general interaction, it's hardly fair in terms of attraction/the opposite sex. It's not socially acceptable for women to be honest about such things and I think it's unrealistic for you to expect absolute honesty in this situation.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think most women are willing to date almost any guy who can find it in himself to not be a douche for a few hours out of the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, pretty much.
As long as you don't completely suck and maybe make her laugh you should stand a pretty decent shot.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm underestimating how much money plays a role in meeting women when you get older, but I feel as though some of you in this thread must just be social mutants. Around the time women are looking to settle down for relationships that will likely result in a rock, I can completely understand that they would be far more likely to discriminate based solely upon money/looks/whatever. But in the meantime, I think most women are willing to date almost any guy who can find it in himself to not be a douche for a few hours out of the day. I really don't think confidence is a euphemism for money a lot of the time. Also, I think it's ridiculous that whoever it was demands that women be honest about their money grubbing ways. While that's fair enough in general interaction, it's hardly fair in terms of attraction/the opposite sex. It's not socially acceptable for women to be honest about such things and I think it's unrealistic for you to expect absolute honesty in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a forum, not life. In life, you do what you gotta do. In a forum, you're free to be honest about it.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:09 AM

It's nice to see that someone feels this way, but it's clear you simply haven't been in many situations in which money matters or are for some reason unable to picture them, not that money doesn't matter, and sometimes matter a lot.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:25 AM

Blarg,

'Scarred By The Eighties?'

What do you think.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:34 AM

of course money matters. and moreso to certain people.

But a vast majority of dudes who say they can't get a date ONLY because of their money or their height simply have crappy 'game' and have maybe minimal to no awareness of that.

Obviously the taller and/or richer dudes are able to get by just fine with a lesser 'game'.
But it really isn't that hard to pass the incredibly low standard of not sucking.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:38 AM

Slightly cute, fairly b*tchy, a good bit dumb, reductive, and mistargeted, would not see again.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Slightly cute, fairly b*tchy, a good bit dumb, reductive, and mistargeted, would not see again.

[/ QUOTE ]
So...

... what you're saying is that there's a chance!
Old 04-14-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's nice to see that someone feels this way, but it's clear you simply haven't been in many situations in which money matters or are for some reason unable to picture them, not that money doesn't matter, and sometimes matter a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can picture a lot of situations in which money matters, just not particularly with regard to meeting women. There are certain situations in which you might be interested in a particular woman, and money would be a barrier, but I actually can't think of many social settings in which there would be a group of women and not having a ton of money would be a barrier to meeting and dating at least one of them.

Additionally, as for your this a forum not real life, everyone should be honest. . . there's one girl as far as i can tell who responded to this thread. she said girls are into money and height for security reasons and got her throat jumped down. while i think security reasons play a partial role, there are clearly some other things going on. but i don't think that her answer is half as disingenuous as you make it out to be. so to flat out say/insinuate (i'm not gonna go back and read everything at this point) that she's being completely dishonest and expecting women to be honest about a topic that clearly all women are socialized to respond to in a different way is drastically unrealistic. even if this is a forum and not real life. i dunno. i'm rambling but i don't think im that far off the mark.