Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a dumb conspiracy theorist posting in a thread where that gets me banned

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we all know you. And I have learnt quite a number of things from you. However, where is the clear and authoritativie evidence for your assertion. Your are an experienced poker player. No doubt about that. Please help to do the job.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

For us computer morons, can someone explain why/how this kind of cheating could only be happening at one site?

[/ QUOTE ]

To play poker, thousands of "clients" (i.e., your PC) connect to one (or a few) "servers" run by a site.

The evidence so far points overwhelmingly to a "server-side" security issue, where based on poor design AND a dishonest insider, somebody can read hole cards in real time from the server. Each site has its own servers (except for skins, which we can consider one site). So a security compromise on one site's server would have no relevance to any other site.

A "client-side" hack (i.e., a hacker's program on your PC that could read hole cards) could potentially involve multiple sites, but nobody but the tinfoil-hat crowd has found one of those yet.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:33 PM

I am still suspicious about Seif's involvement. I would like to see him investigated.

At this point anything AP does themselves is going to be unacceptable. They HAVE to get an internationally respected outside auditor in to look at this mess. They HAVE to totally open up their transaction histories, hand histories, ip information etc. to the auditors, open up EVERYTHING. Then let the auditors report on what they found. We would all be satisfied that whatever conclusion was found there was the honest one.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Absolute Soulreading/Rigged thread #3

The WatchDog posts and allegations are awefully scary.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've just had a discussion with someone who doesn't understand the statistical evidence. And I thought of a method to persuade such people on the base of some common sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

here's a better one:

1)if you were cheating, would you ever call a river bet?

2)if you were not cheating, and you decided to play 21 out of 26 hands, what do you think the chances are that there were no big pairs dealt to the table in those 21 hands while a big pair *was* dealt out in at least 4 of the other 5?

[/ QUOTE ]

One can object to your first question that it is their particular strategy.

2nd is valid point, though.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:38 PM

Hey buddy, I live in Costa Rica and have a very good relation with one of the Big guys at UB/Absolute... provide me your screen name and with pleasure I will have this guy check your case.

From what I understand they are changing lots of procedure and staff to become once again the most reliable site...

cheers..

"The Watchdog"

As a matter of fact, from the hundreds of poker sites operating in costa rica, I have only seen 2 sites which use house players playing on same tables to cheat customers... one of them is already out of business.

"The Watchdog"

The whole issue is just amusing...

Do people really buy that crap? come on.. I have worked for playtech, tribeca, and other proprietary software companies and the whole idea of a super account (like mentioned on 2+2) is just hilarious....

There is only 1 way of cheating in poker and is through collusion.. period...

"The Watchdog"

There has got to be a huge chance that this guy has something to do with the problem.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:40 PM

Teddy,

You're not helping your cause by contributing to it. This post would be no fun if it were filled with endless stats and no speculation.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:41 PM

Cardplayer magazine is in Red Oak, Iowa...

if anyone could put me in touch with either Bluff or Cardplayer I'd love to do an interview
Old 09-19-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Teddy,

You're not helping your cause by contributing to it. This post would be no fun if it were filled with endless stats and no speculation.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some people this isn't very fun, so how bout you stfu
Old 09-19-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cardplayer magazine is in Red Oak, Iowa...

if anyone could put me in touch with either Bluff or Cardplayer I'd love to do an interview

[/ QUOTE ]

Deliberately exposing the situation may expedite results but as well tarnish the online games and playerbase moreso.

(which im not saying is wrong we just need to be careful about who we scare off the tables and we don't really know how media would react)

I know a bluff guy / can get in touch with cardplayer guys pretty easily but that would be a pretty big step up publicity wise for the situation.
Closed Thread