Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Bin
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you look at the tp each time you wipe post crap-taking?
Yes-got to get every bit of brown out 154 88.00%
No-i'll find out later if my ass starts itching 21 12.00%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Never Trust Anyone

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The following is the philosophy of Charles Schultz, .....

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.snopes.com/glurge/schulz.asp

[/ QUOTE ]Who do you think wrote it?

[/ QUOTE ]

who cares, but it wasn't the person you quoted as writing it...

[/ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter who wrote it has the same amount of value.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would depend entirely on Charles Schultz's post total and join date.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the other hand lets compare how this story would play out for guys with some street smarts. Lets take Gigabet, or even Daniel N., guys who grew up in the streets from their own accounts. These guys were out hustling in their teenage years. Far away from their mom and dads family room playing Nintendo. Im not sure if Gigabet is a good example because I think even a Brandi would be scared to approach that scarey looking dude, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right that Gigabet is probably not a good example, but you're wrong as to why. I'll let others elaborate.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:32 PM

Nath,
No? he cant be? i guess thats his business, but i did not know. but in all honesty, he looks the part.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The following is the philosophy of Charles Schultz, .....

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.snopes.com/glurge/schulz.asp

[/ QUOTE ]Who do you think wrote it?

[/ QUOTE ]

who cares, but it wasn't the person you quoted as writing it...

[/ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter who wrote it has the same amount of value.

[/ QUOTE ]How much value would you say it has?

[ QUOTE ]
Lets take Gigabet

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Im not sure if Gigabet is a good example

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had been paying attention to El Diablo you would be sure he wasn't a good example. Or you might just have noticed on your own how he disappeared off the 2+2 planet immediately after the ZJ scandal bomb was dropped and never even defended himself against the revelations El D gave later, unless you count that loopy thread Scott Fischman started as a proxy.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's been discussed numerous times, but what do you expect when you got a guy like Mark, and all he knows is video games/dungeons and dragons his entire junior high and high school life greasy hair and all. Then all of a sudden he hits a huge lick. Now 'hot chicks' dig him. WTF is Mark to do? He's on freaking cloud 9, he's got money, hoes and fame (nerd worship). This story always has the same ending, the Mark always gets raped, not the Brandi.

On the other hand lets compare how this story would play out for guys with some street smarts. Lets take Gigabet, or even Daniel N., guys who grew up in the streets from their own accounts. These guys were out hustling in their teenage years. Far away from their mom and dads family room playing Nintendo. Im not sure if Gigabet is a good example because I think even a Brandi would be scared to approach that scarey looking dude, lol. But what im trying to get at is these type of guys are not going to be [censored] morons like a Nizzle. These type of guys, im probably giving them too much credit, but these type of guys get head (not hand jobs) and they take the hoes money and not vica versa. lol. Ok, im prolly fetching here, because the poker world doesnt really have any real true thugs. But its time you geeks to wake up because you could be the next Mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree this story is a good cautionary tale for all up-and-coming poker nerd soon-to-be super-successes. Don't really know how Gig or Daniel grew up, but I'd say the Takeover is a good example of someone who acheived success early but knows how to regulate because of street smarts.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:34 PM

El Diablo referenced something earlier about how he "called Gigabet out when everyone here was still worshipping him." Can someone explain this reference to me or give me a link? Thanks.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On the other hand lets compare how this story would play out for guys with some street smarts. Lets take Gigabet, or even Daniel N., guys who grew up in the streets from their own accounts. These guys were out hustling in their teenage years. Far away from their mom and dads family room playing Nintendo. Im not sure if Gigabet is a good example because I think even a Brandi would be scared to approach that scarey looking dude, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right that Gigabet is probably not a good example, but you're wrong as to why. I'll let others elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, I don't get it--because he grew up in Iowa? Or is this just random passive-agressiveness?
Old 12-20-2006, 06:36 PM

Location: Trapped in an alley in Abilene, with all but four shells spent

Not a poll, but during any lulls in this soap opera, see if any of these apply to any of the characters (more than one may apply):

Borderline personality disorder A therapist's worst nightmare. Most therapists won't carry more than two of these on their caseload at a time.

Histrionic personality disorder

Narcissistic personality disorder

Antisocial personality disorder
Old 12-20-2006, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a topic that I understand has been debated previously to no conclusion. So I guess it's cool that he's opening up that can of worms again. Sure gigabet doesn't mind one bit.
Closed Thread