Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is Hero's action?
Lead out and bet $4? 7 38.89%
Check/call villain's Cbet? 7 38.89%
Check/raise? Please reply with how much and why. 3 16.67%
Open fold? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: NBA Playoffs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
darknight,

I always wonder why they ALWAYS go to Vince at the end too. It just seems like their offense is so much more efficient when the ball is in Kidd's hands and he is making something happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is where is JKIDD, he's not like Bdiddy or Nash where he can just shoot some sort of fadeaway or at least penetrate. I don't understand why Jkidd just didn't try to create or do something. The offense down the stretch was ok, Jkidd dribbles to half court. Hands it over to vince. Ok whole offense now watches Vince shoot himself in the foot. I really think Jkidd is hoping Vince [censored] it up so he can get traded.

Vince is just [censored] terrible. Maybe he's good for some highlight reel AND1 bball, but I don't need some guy who goes 6/24 and goes one-on-one. I'd like to know what his PER is, maybe I'm wrong. Everytime I see Vince on tv, i have to mutter, God Vince Sucks.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Strategically, going for the tie there with a Vince turnaround or whatever the plan was seems like a mistake. Kidd and Moore had 5 fouls and the Cavs have Lebron. OT seems like a losing proposition.

Since I'm a Cavs fan I'm sure I notice this more than most, but in Game 5 I want you guys to count all the times Hughes slows down the offense because he doesn't see a slashing Pavlovic, James, or Varejao running ahead of the pack. Mike Brown, for all his idiocy, somehow convinces his guys to keep running hard when Hughes never, ever, ever rewards them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Larry Hughes is also worthless...everytime I watch him play I just can't explain how worthless he is. He maybe had one good season at the Wizards, most of the time he's just a cancer. Having some white european dude that makes a couple open shots and a couple good passes, instead of Hughes is probably a better bet.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
darknight,

I always wonder why they ALWAYS go to Vince at the end too. It just seems like their offense is so much more efficient when the ball is in Kidd's hands and he is making something happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is where is JKIDD, he's not like Bdiddy or Nash where he can just shoot some sort of fadeaway or at least penetrate. I don't understand why Jkidd just didn't try to create or do something. The offense down the stretch was ok, Jkidd dribbles to half court. Hands it over to vince. Ok whole offense now watches Vince shoot himself in the foot. I really think Jkidd is hoping Vince [censored] it up so he can get traded.

Vince is just [censored] terrible. Maybe he's good for some highlight reel AND1 bball, but I don't need some guy who goes 6/24 and goes one-on-one. I'd like to know what his PER is, maybe I'm wrong. Everytime I see Vince on tv, i have to mutter, God Vince Sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're very wrong.

http://www.82games.com/0607/0607NJN.HTM
Old 05-14-2007, 10:27 PM

Seems misleading. He plays w/ Kidd and RJ mostly.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:29 PM

darknight,

That was kind of what I was getting at. If you put the ball in JK's hands I don't think you are expecting turnaround 28 footers but some penetration and then dishing to the open man is a lot of their game. I don't see Vince with his back to the goal in isolation too much until there is less than 10 seconds every game.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems misleading. He plays w/ Kidd and RJ mostly.

[/ QUOTE ]

So why is Vince's RR +9.5 while Kidd's is only +5.8 and RJ's is only +1.3?
Old 05-14-2007, 10:30 PM

I don't know what these stats team. So are you saying Vince is not a cancer?
Old 05-14-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you even mean by "cancer"? Usually cancers are bad for teams. If you're suggesting that the Nets are actually hurt by having VC on the team and should just sit him every game then thats ridiculous. Vince Carter is a very good player. Not top 10 or anything, but still very good.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, he isn't. the nets wouldn't be in this position without carter - they'll find that out the hard way next year, in all probability.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you even mean by "cancer"? Usually cancers are bad for teams. If you're suggesting that the Nets are actually hurt by having VC on the team and should just sit him every game then thats ridiculous. Vince Carter is a very good player. Not top 10 or anything, but still very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

has he really had one good game at least? i mean everytime i see him out there he's like 5/25 or some crap. so how is he good for the team? u don't think someone like JKidd can take 25 shots and make more than 5? Or is it just he can at least create in isolation plays and gets to the line.