Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2006, 02:04 AM

Default Re: RE: released version 2.026

This is pretty useless to me if I can't use the keypad to enter numbers.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Please try turning off the "Force active table to topmost", that one is only needed in rare cases. I'm trying to make some new functionality in .28 that will totally eliminate this option as it causes more trouble than good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't work. When I turned MTH off it shut down PP client.
My main concern is just getting window that needs attention to stay up until I act on it. Once I get it to not freeze I'll start getting into the rest of the features.

If anyone uses it for cash games and wouldn't mind posting how they have thiers configured it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:27 AM

I'm having this same problem. It was working fine, then I upgraded, and it seemed to start. I'll verify my version, and send the log per your request.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone uses it for cash games and wouldn't mind posting how they have thiers configured it would be greatly appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm using it for cash games, multitabling up to four NL50 6 player tables. I'm running on a laptop with 1024x768 resolution and with an external USB numeric keypad. I'm running Windows XP.

Everything seems to be working fine for me in version 2.027 on this setup, including that the problem where an inactive window sometimes got the focus is gone for me (I did hit that occasionally), and the numeric keypad is working fine.

My MTH settings are as follows. Everything I don't list below as being checked is unchecked.
Behavior tab: "enable keyboard controls" and "force the active table to be topmost" checked.
Areas tab: default settings, I'm not using this feature
Keyboard controls tab: bet/raise = Add, check/call = subtract, fold = divide, the rest are all set to function keys with "require shift" checked, I'm not actually using any of them in play
Voice commands tab: all unused
Border tab: all unused
SNG tab: unused
table identification tab: unused
lobby tab: "keep lobby opened at all times" checked (but I haven't noticed any effect from this)
miscellaneous tab: "automatically check for updates on startup" and "enable logging" checked

Fingers crossed, I hope that helps.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:56 PM

Ok, just a quick update. I've solved the problem that caused you to not be able to write in the chat or bet box when a table was activated. It only occurs if you're not using keyboard controls, so you should be able to work around it until i release .28 by enabling keyboard controls.

I _am_ releasing 2028 later tonight. I'm also going to release a very small and simple MTH bootstrapper. This application will enable you to set a path to the MTH installation folder, it will then automatically set the system clock back when opening MTH and reset it again asap after it has opened MTH. Also i've opened up directory browsing on the hidden site of multitablehelper, you can find all previous versions at: http://hidden.multitablehelper.com/MTH_Versions Please note though that anything below 2020 will NOT work with Party at all. Besides that, feel free to use any version you like. It should be easier to use old versions after i release the bootstrapper.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:38 PM

wow quick reply, thanks a lot!
Old 05-03-2006, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, just a quick update. I've solved the problem that caused you to not be able to write in the chat or bet box when a table was activated. It only occurs if you're not using keyboard controls, so you should be able to work around it until i release .28 by enabling keyboard controls.

I _am_ releasing 2028 later tonight. I'm also going to release a very small and simple MTH bootstrapper. This application will enable you to set a path to the MTH installation folder, it will then automatically set the system clock back when opening MTH and reset it again asap after it has opened MTH. Also i've opened up directory browsing on the hidden site of multitablehelper, you can find all previous versions at: http://hidden.multitablehelper.com/MTH_Versions Please note though that anything below 2020 will NOT work with Party at all. Besides that, feel free to use any version you like. It should be easier to use old versions after i release the bootstrapper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Orca,

I'm not familiar with the clock program/problem (too lazy and at work to read all the posts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) but as I don't have admin privlidges on my computer, does that mean I can install because I can't change (don't have privlidges) to change the clock?

BTW, I upgreated 2 days ago and it allowed me to install without having admin privlidges [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] thx!
Old 05-03-2006, 05:31 PM

@ProsperousOne

The problem occurs because some of the old versions had a hardcoded timeout in them (which i've stopped putting in as of 2027). To run these old versions the system clock will have to be set back, this should be possible without admin rights i'd think.

As for installation, i'm not actually sure what's required, but i'm glad you managed to install without admin rights [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2006, 07:10 PM

Orca,

I have MTH installed on a Laptop currentlly with no other monitors attached. I have the quadrants setup with one full sized and 7 mini ones around the rest of the screen. When I open 8 tables and have "Move active table" the software snaps the active table into the large quadrant, and after I act, it snaps it back into one of the mini ones. This setup works fine for up to 4 or 5 tables for the entire game. However, when I have 7+ going at once, and the tables are 4-6 handed, the increased activity either causes my system to slow dramatically or MTH will crash, causing me to time out on many of the tables. Is this likely a problem with my computer not being fast enough or an MTH problem with setting up to many tables on a single monitor? Any help would be appreciated. thanks,

JD

PS - the system runs a 1.73 GHz processor with 1.0 GB RAM.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Orca,

I have MTH installed on a Laptop currentlly with no other monitors attached. I have the quadrants setup with one full sized and 7 mini ones around the rest of the screen. When I open 8 tables and have "Move active table" the software snaps the active table into the large quadrant, and after I act, it snaps it back into one of the mini ones. This setup works fine for up to 4 or 5 tables for the entire game. However, when I have 7+ going at once, and the tables are 4-6 handed, the increased activity either causes my system to slow dramatically or MTH will crash, causing me to time out on many of the tables. Is this likely a problem with my computer not being fast enough or an MTH problem with setting up to many tables on a single monitor? Any help would be appreciated. thanks,

JD

PS - the system runs a 1.73 GHz processor with 1.0 GB RAM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately there's probably not much to do besides keeping the tables in one size. Party takes up an obscene amount of CPU power when it resizes the tables, so having MTH instruct Party to resize them constantly will take up a great deal of CPU. Please try and see if it works better if you don't have different quadrant sizes, please let me know the result.