FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2006, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Ask mmbt0ne about another poster

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mmbt0ne:

Zee Justin.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZJ got exactly what he deserved from Party, and a little less from Stars. He was a good but not great Magic player before poker, but you can't multi-account that.

He is definitely a skilled SNG player (assuming he never cheated in those) and surely a winning MTT player as well, though not as proficient as his many accounts made him seem. He was just like every other young kid who figured he's invincible. Hell, if this is the 80's and there's no online poker, he probably ends up with AIDS instead of just -$150k. If you look at it that way, he's really a winner in all this.

I'm sure he's still playing poker. I'm not sure if he did the whole name change thing some people were saying he should do. It seems like it would be the smart thing to do, but that would mean giving up instant profits waiting for all the paperwork to go through, so we'll just have to wonder.

[/ QUOTE ]

What did Pokerstars do with him?
Old 03-28-2006, 08:28 PM

'Stars took the money he won via MTTs they verified he's multi accounted, but didn't touch the larger portion of his balance which was gained via SNGS and cash games, I guess.

Basically it was the difference between losing 5Kish and 100Kish, IIRC (which is a bit if).
Old 03-28-2006, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hell, if this is the 80's and there's no online poker, he probably ends up with AIDS instead of just -$150k. If you look at it that way, he's really a winner in all this.

[/ QUOTE ]

And we have the OOT quote of the week people.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is an understatement. I think your subconscious is attempting to thinly mask your mmbt0ne man-crush by forcing you to sell this quote a bit short.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:15 PM

Ah, could have been much much worse then.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hell, if this is the 80's and there's no online poker, he probably ends up with AIDS instead of just -$150k.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf?
Old 03-28-2006, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ask mmbt0ne about another poster

[/ QUOTE ]

So I'm not gonna cheat and ask you about me [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

However, a person I do want to know what your thoughts are that hasn't been mentioned yet is gorie.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys, the thread is ask about another poster. You can't/shouldn't ask about yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh. I want to know about myself. I feel like I don't know myself anymore.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You guys, the thread is ask about another poster. You can't/shouldn't ask about yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny thing is, nothing went wrong until somebody DID ask about someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

The day you first realize that irony is the most powerful force on this planet, is the day you step upon the path to true wisdom.

[/ QUOTE ]

True wisdom is like the meaning of life. You see the irony in this?
Old 03-28-2006, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, I am very impressed. Now it's time to stump you with an invisible poster with >5K posts.

(I was going to have my gimmick account ask mmbtone about me but I forgot the password, so this will have to do.)

[/ QUOTE ]

kyro, I know that you are an sng player who moved up to the 109s recently and got stuck with the bad side of variance. I was sorry to hear that, because you seem like an okay guy.

You ran, at least in high school. The only reason I know this is because of your picture that you posted. It looks like running really sucks. I think the same thing, which is why I'm a horrible runner.

You have a girlfriend who you've been dating for a while who lives a long way from you. I don't know how far, but I know it's between states, and you've said that you only get to see her a handful of times every year. Also, she doesn't have sex. Both of these things are pretty sucky, but if you're sticking with her despite it (or maybe because of it, what do I know?) then she obviously means a lot to you. All I'll say then, is don't [censored] it up.

Also, I fully expect a Sponger style brag post when you finally do bed her.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Give it to me, mmb.

This is a rare spot for me, but you're doing such a great job that my curiosity is overly piqued.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jason, to start things off, you have impecible taste in women. People forget that you introduced us to Alizee, and without her, OOT wouldn't be near what it is today. Well, maybe you didn't introduce her, I don't feel like searching, but you were definitely a driving force in her accent.

Also, your reputation as a nit has grown widely on these forums. It certainly stems from back in the day when you played 2/4 with a bigger bankroll than most people had for 5/10 games. I remember stories from the first Vegas trip where people talked about how they figured you were poor because you didn't spew in the 2/4 2p2 games, or play nickle slots for meals. Then, everyone somehow found out that you had one of the biggest bankrolls there. That was funny.

Here's another story about jason, that I don't think most people know, but it isn't that big a deal, so I'll tell it anyway. You visited marotti for something, probably an AC trip. And you played some 10/20 on his account and run hot like fire. So, this led to rampant speculation that you were now going to get staked by marotti and/or others and start playing in bigger games. I remember being very excited about this, because you're certainly a good player. However, maybe a week or 2 later I see you in #sstakes again and you post another 2/4 hand. That was a sad day. But, you're up in the 10/20 games now, even if you play full rather than 6m. Personally, I'm with you on that, 6m scares the hell out of me.

I gave you crap earlier about not having a sense of humor, but that's not so much it. It's just that you are different than a lot of people. For instance, you probably don't know that UCLA is in the final 4, even though you go there. You definitely didn't know when they were in the sweet 16. You don't own a TV, so when you see helicopters outside your apartment you come on OOT to ask other LA people to check the news. That's just strange to me, although I've been watching TV a lot less ever since I started keeping it and the computer in seperate rooms. You certainly recognize funny though, because you also like istewart and Mitch Hedberg.

Also, you are a math genius. And not in the way a lot of 2p2 people are math "geniuses," where they talk about never going to Calc III and getting A's on all the tests. No, you're the kind of math genius who is fully content to sit around with a math book all day and learn about new ways to solve problems. And you're really good at it.

I remember I asked you a while ago about my game theory hw. We had to do a square game problem that had differential equations and all sorts of other crap I'm sure. I had never taken diff eq and so I asked you how hard it would be to try to learn them in a couple days for my homework. Your response was something to the extent of "I LOVE those problems!! And you dont stand a chance." That's jason-t!!