Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul\'s racist comments

[ QUOTE ]
You left out the part about it being circular logic because my username RedBean is racist against American Indians and Mexicans. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you think insensitivity = racism. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
(not sure how that's circular, though)
Old 10-16-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

RedBean, please provide specifics here about what offends you. Saying that a comment, or, even more so, a set of comments, is racist is just stating a general opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying the comments are racist is just stating a general opinion?

Fair enough.

Likewise, stating they aren't racist is just the same.

And like I've said, it's apparently two differing opinions that aren't changing. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"The 95% of 13 year old black males [in DC] who are criminals as big, tough and strong as any adult can also be unbelievably fleet footed."

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that by doing that you both change things and alter their meanings.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a point, Adanthar's combining the quotes kinda tones down the original racist view that blacks are the terrorists and "<font color="red">that our country is being destroyed by a group of actual and potential terrorists -- and they can be identified by the color of their skin. </font>

It also doesn't exactly achieve the meaning as intended in the original Paul newsletter that asserted that blacks <font color="red">"as children, are trained to hate whites, to believe that white oppression is responsible for all black ills, to "fight the power," and to steal and loot as much money from the white enemy as possible. Anything is justified against "The Man"</font>.

But yeah, if that's not racist in your opinion....I really don't know what to tell you. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

And if you really think it's an accurate statement based on "statistical evidence that supports it", then you also have my prayers. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Only if you think insensitivity = racism. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
(not sure how that's circular, though)

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't look at me, McVeigh, you're the one who was whining and crying about my username being offensive to Indians and Mexicans....lol... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 11:46 AM

RedBean,

You forgot to include this part of the statement that you quoted:
[ QUOTE ]
The criminals who terrorize our cities--in riots and on every non-riot day--are not exclusively young black males, but they largely are.

[/ QUOTE ]

in your reply:

[ QUOTE ]
It also doesn't exactly achieve the meaning as intended in the original Paul newsletter that asserted that blacks "as children, are trained to hate whites, to believe that white oppression is responsible for all black ills, to "fight the power," and to steal and loot as much money from the white enemy as possible. Anything is justified against "The Man".

[/ QUOTE ]

This qualifying part of the statement clearly shows that the author wasn't asserting that "all blacks" were raised in that manner, just the criminal element in the cites where the race riots were occuring.

That statement is not racist.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This qualifying part of the statement clearly shows that the author wasn't asserting that "all blacks" were raised in that manner, just the criminal element in the cites where the race riots were occuring.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you missed the part where he said 95% of black males were criminals.

[ QUOTE ]
That statement is not racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um....ok...apparently not in the opinion of RonPaulNation. No surprise, considering the following he attracts.

I guess the assertion that black children in general are raised to hate white people and taught to steal from them at every opportunity is based on "statistics"...right?

The rationalization is laughable. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 01:26 PM

They are clearly racist comments.

The debate of whether they are racist or not only confirms Paul's cult-like status on this forum.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:52 PM

Is it ok to say that I find the comments racist but still believe that Ron Paul is not a racist?

I also find the level of commitment among Ron Paul supporters quite impressive, seems like they are more devoted to the man himself and not just the share policies than the supporters of the other candidates are.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They are clearly racist comments.

The debate of whether they are racist or not only confirms Paul's cult-like status on this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this discussion would be happening if they came from somewhere else. Well, unless the comments came from say Hillary or some other Democrat who wouldn't be attacked for them at all.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it ok to say that I find the comments racist but still believe that Ron Paul is not a racist?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's miles better than pretending the comments aren't racist and trying to rationalize it as such, as seen from some members of RonPaulNation. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Closed Thread