Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didnt get enough love
Old 09-19-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

.... And that's basically impossible because of hands like this preflop. Die AP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Question. If HH files come from AP all mega-[censored] like this, how does PT do its job?

Fell

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't recall getting a messed up hand history in 107,000 hands played there, though it's possible I just didn't notice any.

I've never requested hand histories via email though.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:02 PM

Does anybody here have ins with CardPlayer or Bluff magazines? I think we need to turn the heat up a little bit on Absolute so they don't get too confident that they can get away with hoping this thing all goes away quietly.

p.s. there are way too many posters in the thread who have no clue what they're talking about. If you are one of these, kindly shut the [censored] up. You're diluting the integrity of this thread. Please leave your suspicions about Seif using this godmode account to fund his midget snuff film addiction at the door. We have cold, hard PokerTracker stats and HHs. And when you post pulling speculative theories out of your collective buttholes, it dilutes the overall integrity of the posts that conclusively out this guy as a cheater, and provide info about Absolute's (non)-responsiveness to this issue. How do you know if you're one of the aforementioned idiots? Ask yourself: "Do I have anything concrete to contribute to this thread, other than a product of the wild hare that's found its way up my arse?" If the answer is no, take your fingers off the keyboard, and go outside for a while. You're making it harder for everyone who wants to catch up on substantive information in this scandal. Sorry for the rant; i'm angry.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

.... And that's basically impossible because of hands like this preflop. Die AP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Question. If HH files come from AP all mega-[censored] like this, how does PT do its job?

Fell

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't recall getting a messed up hand history in 107,000 hands played there, though it's possible I just didn't notice any.

I've never requested hand histories via email though.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I've mentioned previously, AP histories from your hard drive import just fine. It's their emailed histories that get delivered like spaghetti.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody here have ins with CardPlayer or Bluff magazines?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody here live in Atlanta? Bluff's office is in Sandy Springs. It might be worth a call or a visit for people who feel passionate about this situation.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:18 PM

All,

For us computer morons, can someone explain why/how this kind of cheating could only be happening at one site?
Old 09-19-2007, 01:20 PM

I've just had a discussion with someone who doesn't understand the statistical evidence. And I thought of a method to persuade such people on the base of some common sense.

If someone could try and reproduce that exact strategy at microlimits over a considerable sample of hands it could serve as a very good point for a comparison. The essential points:
1. reproduce the VPIP figures, making some occasional folds preflop trying to guess when your opponents have a big hand.
2. reproduce the aggression by streets and especially the river infinite aggression factor.

Collect as much hands as possible and try to find a region with similar winrate/other states. Basically, we will see a falling curve in the graph for the winnings, and we will try to see if there are short periods when we can win money using this strategy. (I guess that such stretches don't last more than 20 hands in the 10000 sample).

I also think that someone with the stats on the cheaters should post standard deviation figures for these guys and the graph for the winnings, I suspect that we will see an anomaly in SD too.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:21 PM

PokerAddict,
I am an AP regular and live in ATL, what do you suggest?
Old 09-19-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

For us computer morons, can someone explain why/how this kind of cheating could only be happening at one site?

[/ QUOTE ]

for the same reason you depositing money on Stars doesn't mean it appears in your FTP account

they're different programs written in different ways. if it's an outside job, the answer is "one has a bug, the others don't". if it's an inside job, the answer is "one site leaked a hole cam viewer, the others didn't and/or never had one".
Old 09-19-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've just had a discussion with someone who doesn't understand the statistical evidence. And I thought of a method to persuade such people on the base of some common sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

here's a better one:

1)if you were cheating, would you ever call a river bet?

2)if you were not cheating, and you decided to play 21 out of 26 hands, what do you think the chances are that there were no big pairs dealt to the table in those 21 hands while a big pair *was* dealt out in at least 4 of the other 5?
Closed Thread