Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: PGA Championship Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tiger's ball never gets jailed behind trees, magically....

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't he break a club (or close to it) recently (maybe it was last year) while jailed behind a tree? where did that shot end up again?? oh yeah...on or near the green.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that was at Augusta this year on 11, and it ended up 30 or 40 yards shy of the green i believe. but citing one incident won't convince me that he gets jailed as much as any other player that hits it in the trees. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't dislike teh Bitcho, I just like giving him crap about Tiger. Let's group hug or something gay, lest our misplaced acrimony tear the forum apart.

[/ QUOTE ]

well said.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry to compare you to Butcho since you do add to the threads, even though they can be ridiculous at times. Your ridiculous stuff >>>>. [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored]! tiger [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored]!!

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, my contributions are fantastic. maybe ridiculous at times, but still outstanding. but I thank you for taking back that Bitcho comparison.

[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying Tiger gets ALL THE BREAKS? Is this like Tiger has God on his side? Jailed behind the trees? What are you talking about...just cuz' of one big break at the PGA? If anything, it was a huge break against him that Bob May hit a double swinger off the fringe of the green.

I've seen Tiger's fair share of bad breaks...the many lipouts, a wedge shot that he almost holes out then spins off the green. And what's with this issue with the cables? The tour official wanted to stroke Tiger's balls and offered to him..it wasn't Tiger's fault trying to cheat.

The stars to some degree get some favourable treatment, what 'bout Phil Mickelson being allowed not to play a pro-Am. They're the stars of the PGA and generate money for them, at least it's not as egregious as the treatment the NBA stars get.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying Tiger gets ALL the on-course breaks, but he seems to get more than his fair share. gallery patrons throwing themselves in front of wayward tee shots like a secret service agent taking a bullet for the president, etc.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying Tiger gets ALL the on-course breaks, but he seems to get more than his fair share. gallery patrons throwing themselves in front of wayward tee shots like a secret service agent taking a bullet for the president, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one got that more than Arnold. Somehow the world survived.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't remember any OB left on 18 at Valhalla at the 2000 PGA.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't tell if you don't remember the shot or that there is OB. There is a perimeter fence but in this pic it's farther away than I remember it being, so it's possible he may not have been able to hit it out. He hit it WAY left though, and it rattled around somewhere by where you see that service road coming in, and it ended up in a much better spot than it was headed. Just wanted to clear that up.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't remember any OB left on 18 at Valhalla at the 2000 PGA.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was, all along the left-side. I think it was about 25 yards left of the path from where Tiger hit. There were a few trees there and quite a few people where he hit it. The funny thing is, if anyone hit his ball in an attempt to influence Tiger, they probably knocked it backwards to hurt him, which is where it ended up. I was on the other side of the fairway (on the other side of the lake), so I didn't see it.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The funny thing is, if anyone hit his ball in an attempt to influence Tiger, they probably knocked it backwards to hurt him, which is where it ended up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh please. It looked like he was headed ob, it came back. We'll never know exactly what happened. I'm fine with he just got a lucky break. Arnie's galleries were famous for a willingness to take a ball of their forehead to keep him between the ropes.

The important thing in my mind is that Tiger has dominated getting good and bad breaks, which are all part of the game. And when Sergio has implied that somehow Tiger sat on a horseshoe he looks ridiculous, and it is one of his weaker moments, imo.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh please. It looked like he was headed ob, it came back. We'll never know exactly what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]
No no no, it was never even close to the OB. It appeared to skip into a bush/tree next to the cart path. Then a spectator was seen running toward it and after a few seconds we see a ball rolling backwards down the path and away from the bush/tree and into a position where he could knock it on the par 5 in three.

I appreciate the overhead of the hole to see that indeed OB is there, although it's not really in play. You can also see the proximity of the path to the OB and can easily tell that Tiger's ball was in no danger.

BO
Old 08-13-2007, 06:41 PM

Your memory is better than mine. I should have said that while we did not have a complete camera perspective of what happened, and that the ball seemed to behave surprisingly, I highly doubt any hanky panky occurred. He caught a good break. That's the other rub of the green.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your memory is better than mine. I should have said that while we did not have a complete camera perspective of what happened, and that the ball seemed to behave surprisingly,

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree completely

[ QUOTE ]
I highly doubt any hanky panky occurred.

[/ QUOTE ]
I lean this way as well, I just can't see anybody doing this without at least somebody seeing the whole thing and it coming out.

BO