Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 03:16 AM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can a pickup artist believe in God, in the standard, organized-religion sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone can believe in god. Do you mean can a PUA get into heaven, in the organized-religion sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean are these two sets of values compatible, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus God Forsaken Mother [censored] Christ. You are definitely a virgin.

And given your blabbering about humility... need to learn some [censored] HUMILITY. You are [censored] UNenlightened. Let's try this AGAIN:

[ QUOTE ]

Picking up girls, in the practical how-to sense, is not what prompted me to write the OP.

I'm just gonna restate my original questions.

1) Take the theoretical, stereotypical PUA critic, sort of a mock-up of the stock criticisms. The guy who won't / can't pick up some random club girls on a regular basis, but at the same time justifies his unwillingness / inability to do so for moral reasons. If he can't pull it off anyway, is there any actual merit to his whole song-and-dance about 'I don't choose to behave that way,' or is it just a cop-out? Is there any actual merit, from a moral standpoint, in refusing to do something that one would likely not be able to pull off in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to pick up these club bitches, but can't, then it is a copout. If you DON'T want to pick up these club bitches, then why the [censored] do you care??? Why would you ask the question if you didn't care?

[ QUOTE ]

2) Assume the simplified version of the PUA universe-as-applied-to-women is valid: All Women Are Like This, This Is What They Want, Do This Or Become A Monk. (This assumption is kind of a stretch.) Suppose, furthermore, God Himself came down from Heaven, put His Finger in your face and said: My Son, PUA is Unlawful In My Sight. Your choices are to be 'bad' and bang MAWs, or be 'good' and live a lifetime of frustration and lowered expectations. Which do you choose? Why? Which is better? Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a ridiculous question, as has already been explained, but if the question is whether to be a pathetic bitch or not? I will choose: no thanks, not the pathetic bitch.

Enjoy your fulfilling life bro.

p.s. and afterlife, since that's what's important to you
Old 08-10-2007, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone can believe in god. Do you mean can a PUA get into heaven, in the organized-religion sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, sex before marriage is basically rape (no woman would ever want to on her own, 'consent' is basically manipulation), so do you really think rapists get into heaven? It's close even for married guys; better take your priesthood vows now while you still can.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:35 AM

KKF,

If anyone doubted that, beyond the whole "US people suck, Asian people are enlightened and awesome" schtick, you were awesome, that kitty picture right there, f'ing genius.

BTW, for anyone who doesn't know, KKF is super smart at poker as well.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:40 AM

Do you just want someone to say "Yes Anacardo, pick up artists are all immoral douchebags, look at their silly hats"?
Old 08-10-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be interesting to have the slightest hint of female perspective on any of this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Knock yourself out

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome it has such gems as:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Start formulating come-backs [to negs], so that the next time you go out, you'll recognize it when some idiot tries to pull it on you, and you can call him on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

But isn’t the whole idea (if I understand correctly) to engage you? So in having you call him on it, you’re playing into the neg. If you went off of him, said pick up artist would then apologize and turn on the polite behavior, try to have you forgive him, and keep the conversation going.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2007, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
KKF,
that kitty picture right there, f'ing genius.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're called lolcats, I've heard they're pretty popular these days on the internet.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just gonna restate my original questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really think these are your original questions, but I'll take a shot at them anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
1) Take the theoretical, stereotypical PUA critic, sort of a mock-up of the stock criticisms. The guy who won't / can't pick up some random club girls on a regular basis, but at the same time justifies his unwillingness / inability to do so for moral reasons. If he can't pull it off anyway, is there any actual merit to his whole song-and-dance about 'I don't choose to behave that way,' or is it just a cop-out? Is there any actual merit, from a moral standpoint, in refusing to do something that one would likely not be able to pull off in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most men are instinctively terrified of doing anything the PUAs suggest, like approaching strange women and immediately starting to flirt with them. They fear the anticipated humiliation of being "shot down" or scorned by these women, and the further embarrassment of doing it in public, where all the other terrified chumps will notice their failure and laugh and point fingers.

It's much more comfortable to say to yourself, "well, this PUA stuff wouldn't work for ME, I'm just not funny/clever/handsome/whatever enough for it to work." So they do not try it, instead preferring to continue the type of behavior they've been practicing their whole lives... NOT approaching women, being super polite to the ones they talk to, nervously asking for phone numbers, and then returning to their rooms to beat off/play video games.

One is reminded of the exchange in the 40 Year Old Virgin, where Andy the virgin says "this just doesn't feel right," and Jay the PUA says "RIGHT ain't workin' for you! You need to try some WRONG, dog."

To become a PUA, the man must "re-frame" his thoughts about approaching new/strange women. He must understand that he WILL get rejected most of the time, and that being blown off by a total stranger after a 30-second conversation is NOT the end of the world. He doesn't even know her, why is it humiliating if she rejects him? She doesn't know what she's missing, etc. The PUA also realizes that to have success, he MUST approach, approach, approach and practice, practice, practice, until the women begin to respond. He also understands quite clearly that he will never get laid/a girlfriend/a wife if he does NOT approach women, unless he is rich/famous/really great looking.

It's time to try some wrong, dog.

[ QUOTE ]
2) Assume the simplified version of the PUA universe-as-applied-to-women is valid: All Women Are Like This, This Is What They Want, Do This Or Become A Monk. (This assumption is kind of a stretch.) Suppose, furthermore, God Himself came down from Heaven, put His Finger in your face and said: My Son, PUA is Unlawful In My Sight. Your choices are to be 'bad' and bang MAWs, or be 'good' and live a lifetime of frustration and lowered expectations. Which do you choose? Why? Which is better? Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to make your own decisions about this, but I considered this very question 8 years ago, when I was stuck in a miserable, hateful marriage but still wanted to live a life pleasing to God. I had prayed for so long for God to help me find my soulmate and believed so fervently that I had found her, only to realize I had married a woman who really only cared about the money and social status I could bring to her, and who was approximately as friendly as a baby rattlesnake.

I understood that God may not want us to be happy in our lives, that we are to store up our treasures in heaven, and that God tested Job far worse than he was testing me. But after a while, I was so miserable that I decided a loving God wouldn't want me to spend the rest of my life in misery, and if he did, then [censored] him.

So I divorced my wife and started approaching strange hot women wherever I saw them. Did picking up a hot little 19-year-old in a bookstore and have her worship my [censored] the same day I met her make me "happy" ? Well, not in the existential sense... but it sure was nice. Was it pleasing to God? I have no idea.

But I'd like to think the God who created sex and gave it to us... well, I'd like to think he'll understand. You'll have to make up your own mind.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

One is reminded of the exchange in the 40 Year Old Virgin, where Andy the virgin says "this just doesn't feel right," and Jay the PUA says "RIGHT ain't workin' for you! You need to try some WRONG, dog."

"Did picking up a hot little 19-year-old in a bookstore and have her worship my [censored] the same day I met her make me "happy"?"

[/ QUOTE ]

did you ask her if there was a do-it-yourself section?
Old 08-10-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"Did picking up a hot little 19-year-old in a bookstore and have her worship my [censored] the same day I met her make me "happy"?"

[/ QUOTE ]

did you ask her if there was a do-it-yourself section?

[/ QUOTE ]

That totally worked! I said absolutely nothing and she found me fascinating!
Old 08-10-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf

I concede that I was overly jerkish about it before, but I reiterate my position that this stuff would be easier for you to reconcile if you dropped the God part.

Also, this thread seems to still be primarily about you defending your views on PUA to the rest of us. I don't see any synthesis going on.