Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: do you think this internet bill will be effective?
yes 32 29.09%
no 51 46.36%
maybe but not sure 27 24.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Re: *****The Official 2007 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS THREAD******

whit3bread:

Even if Pennington wins or loses next week, my opinion isn't going to change.

Would you rather:

a) Go 5-11 with Pennington
go
b) Go 5-11 (or worse) with Clemens

We're going to have a very high pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. Pennington is not the future, we need to see what we have from KC. We need to go into that draft knowing whether we need a franchise QB or not. We will probably get a top 10 pick and it's criminal if we don't consider a franchise QB.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:29 PM

How bout none of the above.

The Jets could get the #1 pick in the draft and they won't go near a QB. The Jets have way more pressing needs than QB right now. A high 1st round pick could be traded into lots more picks to plug those holes.

The Jets wouldn't have drafted Clemens last year if they didn't think he could eventually be the guy. He'll get his chance, but there is no way they spend a high pick on a projected franchise QB in the next few drafts (barring catastrophic injury of course).

Your line of thinking is wrong. The Jets aren't going to let 10 or 12 starts by Clemens this year dictate what they do with their 1st round pick in the draft.

So I vote, lets let Clemens watch from the sideline where he can't get killed.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:33 PM

So you'd rather have Pennington in there? Why?
Old 10-01-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you'd rather have Pennington in there? Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

We are only four games in, with 5 winnable games up next. So it's not time to write off the season yet. If the Jets are 3-6 for the Steelers game then it might be time. Let's give this team at least a chance though, no?
Old 10-01-2007, 08:44 PM

Even if Penny starts next week, Clemens will be in by the second quarter. Did you see that giants defense last night? Phillys oline is years ahead of ours, it will get ugly. FAST.

I've actually figured out how to deal with this QB situation. We invent a time machine, tell Peyton to come out of the draft early when the Jets have the number 1 pick, we draft him, everyone wants to come to our team because he is the second coming of god, we win like, 79 superbowls in a row cause every single superstar wants to play on our team, and we are known as the greatest franchise ever.

So, anyone have any directions to build a time machine?
Old 10-01-2007, 08:46 PM

I really don't understand this widespread theory that a championship is impossible with Pennington. You can't overcome the Jets deficiencies without a HoF QB. The Jets are 1 of 30 teams that doesn't have one. The last time the Jets defense was actually good he was a missed FG away from getting to the AFC championship game.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't understand this widespread theory that a championship is impossible with Pennington.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well apparently alot of Jets fans seem to think Clemens is the next Brady or Manning obviously based on a few pre-season games and 1 good quarter in Baltimore.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:00 PM

Degenerasian,

You really really hate Pennington.

We get it.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:08 PM

Give this team a chance? How can you still have faith when we just scored 14 points against statistically the worst defense in the NFL. Who BTW was missing 4 starters. That was a MUST win game and the team (especially the offense) played like crap. This game will sting the Jets for the whole year, and could only be cured by beating the Pats 35-0.

Look, I'm not saying that Clemens is the next coming of Tom Brady. I'm just saying that he should get PT now because we can't possibly be any worse than we are right now.

To me, if we had a shot at the playoffs then we would definitely keep Pennington in there. But with our tough schedule, we have to, we MUST beat teams like the Buffalo Bills. Pennington has done all he can for the team, but the problem is that he is aging, his velocity has gotten worse and so has his decision making (throwing a fade on 4th down with 11 seconds left and no TO's, nice play buddy). Yeah the fake spike was nice, but Coles had to make such a difficult catch. The difference between him and Clemens is about 2 wins, and even with that, what's the point? I actually fear for CP for next week's game. Umenyiora vs. Ferguson + Strahan vs. Clement = a verrrrry long day for the Jets.

I want the Jets to win games, but even more than that, I want them to build a dynasty. And what do all dynasties have in common? A franchise, superstar QB. We need to find out ASAP if KC is the guy. Our best defensive players are entering the prime, Clemens should get as much experience as he can. And if he sucks, at least the FO found out sooner rather than later.

With that dreadful loss yesterday, it's not about "Who gives the Jets the best chance to win now?" That ship sailed on Sunday, kind of like Pennington throwing an out-route.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:12 PM

Feel better now?