Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: black chicks?
YES 18 35.29%
NO 11 21.57%
BASTARD! 22 43.14%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Re: \"Come One Come All!!\" It\'s time for King Of The Kiddie Pool!!!!!

So how do the heads up matches work when there aren't 2^n players? Who gets the byes and do they account for discrepancies in the chips?
Old 07-22-2007, 05:27 PM

Random people get byes, and I believe they start w/ the same stacks as their next opponents.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:30 PM

We're 30 min away, people. They're earlier tonight.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apologizing in advance if my internet takes a dive tonight since I just lost it for ~30 minutes. It's been borderline retarded all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or if the [censored] that were supposed to pick up my TV this weekend call and decide to show up in 20 minutes. [censored] [censored] [censored]!! Maybe they'll be early or I'll have a bye.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:48 PM

Right now we're @ 16 for HU. If no one else comes, no one will have any byes at all.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:49 PM

It's 17!! Your friendly moral officer is back for more HU action!!
Old 07-22-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, I was listening to Ozi whine about the blind structure in HORSE. When he started, I thought it would just be whining, but he has a case. The blind levels in private tourneys for LHE, Omaha, and all the stud games are 15 min long. In HORSE they're just 8. Why should HORSE be effectively a turbo and not any of the others? We might e-mail support on this one.

The other thing I saw was that there are 5CD and TDL SnGs on Stars, but not private tourneys. What gives? I'd have understood if there were no draw tourneys at all, but to have the SnGs but not privates doesn't make sense. We might also include this in an e-mail to support.

Lastly, if there's interest, we MIGHT be able to float a pseudo-private TDL KOTKP event using the SnGs. If there's interest, We could do something with just having everyone join the chat room and all join the tourney simultaneously. If there's enough for 2 or more SnGs (they're 6 max), then we could do something like play two tourneys to completion, and then have the top N from each table buy into a final SnG. It's a little bit of a pain, and it would be a pretty flat pay out structure, but it's an idea if there's interest in TDL.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I emailed support and they said they would forward my comments to their ideas team. I basically said that we were unhappy that with a 8min HORSE blind structure for private tourneys since non-private horse tourneys and other private tourneys longer limits. I also suggested they allow an option when creating tourneys to pick structure (eg turbo or regular).

if others want to email them then that would help the case....i actually think that stars can take this idea on board and fix it (in time for next years KOTKP [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ). I think Im going to have to hunt down a HORSE tourney soon just so I can play one without feeling like my entire stack is on the hand every time I get something worth playing. Ive got an itch and I needz to scratch it. that ozi event just didnt do it for me. har har.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:01 PM

Snap, I clicked register for the tournament 3 minutes before it started, apparently the password box got put in the background and I forgot about having to put a password in, so I won't be playing HU. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2007, 06:06 PM

I felt pretty special for getting a bye first round until I found out 13 other people did too (it's 18 handed).
Old 07-22-2007, 06:31 PM

Could someone pm me the passwords for the remaining tournaments. Or email them to lol@deadmoney.com.

Thanks